France v Austria: Women's EURO facts
Monday, July 17, 2017
France have won all five of their fixtures against Austria ahead of these teams' second Group C match in Utrecht.
Article top media content
• Both teams won 1-0 on Tuesday, France defeating Iceland after Austria saw off fellow debutants Switzerland.
• This is Austria's first final tournament and they have never played France in a UEFA Women's EURO match before.
• The teams have met four times in FIFA Women's World Cup qualifying with France winning every game.
• In 2015 World Cup qualifying, France won 3-1 home and away, both times going three up before an Austrian consolation goal.
• In Austria on 31 October 2013, Louisa Necib, Amandine Henry and Wendie Renard scored before Carina Wenninger pulled one back.
• The following April in Le Mans, Élise Bussaglia, Marie-Laure Delie and Élodie Thomis struck in the first half with Sarah Puntigam on target for Austria.
• They also faced off in 2007 World Cup qualifying, the last time France failed to make it to a major tournament. It was 3-1 again in Austria, the visitors coming from behind, while France prevailed 2-1 at home.
• The sides' first encounter was the only friendly in which they have ever been matched, France beating Austria 4-1 in Bonneuil-sur-Marne in March 1999.