Spain 4-0 Austria
Andrea Sánchez's first-half double helped send a dominant Spain into the last four with a second straight Group B win.
Article top media content
- Andrea Sánchez denied fourth-minute opener but Austria soon breached
- Sánchez converts free-kick a minute later and adds second on 29 minutes
- Sandra Hernández hits the bar from Sánchez cross in 37th minute
- Hernández's 69th-minute cross is turned in by Lucía García from close range
- Aitana Bonmati scores late penalty to seal convincing victory
- Spain through but must beat Switzerland in last Group B game to top section
- Austria out after consective defeats
Spain coach, Pedro López
I am very happy to qualify and by the way we played today. We scored an early goal which was a real boost for us. We have only two girls not playing in this tournament and they might very likely get chance to play in the last group stage game against Switzerland, which will also be important because we want to win the group.
Austria coach Irene Fuhrmann
I have mixed feelings. We made a step further and we have shown a better performance and dedication than in the first game, but the result is disappointing and we are out of the tournament. Our players improved their level of play today but Spain are strong team. I was angry after the first game but today the girls pleased me despite the result. We have a game against Germany ahead of us and we will fight for the third place. Germany are strong side, though, and it will be extremely difficult.