Netherlands 1-2 France
Marie-Antoinette Katoto scored one and earned a penalty as France booked their place in the last four alongside the Dutch.
Article top media content
- France, who lost opening game against Norway, finish top of Group A
- Both teams progress to the WU19 EURO semi-finals
- Marie-Antoinette Katoto starts after hat-trick against Slovakia and heads opener (18)
- Katoto then earns a penalty after foul by Ashleigh Weerden; Grace Geyoro converts
- Netherlands pull one back through Jill Roord, ensuring the Dutch finish second
- If it had stayed 2-0, Norway could have pipped the Netherlands
- Semi-finals on Thursday: France v Switzerland, Spain v Netherlands
Gilles Eyquem, France coach
It's a relief to get through. I thought it was a good performance against a strong team. The Netherlands have shown what they can do and we needed a win. It was a tough match for everyone, in hot conditions. The team will have a chance to recuperate tomorrow. We'll continue to be strong and focus on our preparations. For us, there was an obligation to win and yes, they lost, but it was good to see everyone happy afterwards.
Jessica Torny, Netherlands coach
France were the strongest, particularly in the first half. Their corner count [11-1] was very good. I thought we didn't get our positioning right in the first half, to be honest. We improved after the break and found opportunities. We created a lot more in the second phase. Overall, though, the girls did what they needed to in the first two games, bringing six points into this final match. I'm happy we've got through, and tomorrow we will look at how to prepare for Spain.