Futsal World Cup preliminary round draw
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
The draw set six groups of four teams to be played between 4 and 13 April.
Article top media content
Qualifying for the 2024 FIFA Futsal World Cup will begin with the preliminary round between 4 and 13 April 2022, involving 24 teams playing in six mini-tournaments for 12 places in the main round.
Preliminary round draw
Group A: Montenegro, Germany (hosts), San Marino, Gibraltar
Group B: Norway (hosts), Denmark, Cyprus, Malta
Group C: Kosovo, Armenia, Bulgaria (hosts), Scotland
Group D: Turkey, Israel, Lithuania (hosts), Northern Ireland
Group E: Albania, Sweden (hosts), Andorra, Austria
Group F: Moldova (hosts), Greece, Switzerland, Estonia
- The 24 teams with the lowest coefficients of the 48 entrants as of November 2021, including World Cup debutants Austria, enter the preliminary round.
- The top two teams in each group progress to the main round group stage to join the 24 nations entering in that round: Spain, Russia*, Portugal (holders), Kazakhstan, Croatia, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Italy, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland, Finland, Romania, Slovakia, Georgia, Belarus, Netherlands, Hungary, France, Belgium, Latvia, North Macedonia.
*Russia suspended until further notice
Road to the finals
Main round draw: 6 July 2022, Nyon
Main round: Home and away groups to be completed by 8 March 2023
Main round play-off draw: 10 March 2023, Nyon
Main round play-offs: 10–19 April 2023
Elite round draw: 8 June 2023
Elite round: Home and away groups to be completed by 20 December 2023
Elite round play-off draw: 25 January 2024, Nyon
Elite round play-offs: 8–17 April 2024
- Teams were split into four seeding tiers of six teams each according to the futsal men's national-team coefficient ranking taken in November 2021.
- Six teams were pre-selected as mini-tournament hosts (including 2021 finals hosts Lithuania) and placed in Pot 1, drawn into the position according to their coefficient ranking.
- The remaining teams were drawn by seeding tier to fill the remaining places in the group
Pot 1: mini-tournament hosts
Moldova (seeding position 1)
Pot 2: position 4
Pot 3: position 3
Pot 4: position 2
Pot 5: position 1