The new edition of UEFA's official magazine is out now, looking back on a stunning August and ahead to an exciting new campaign.
Article top media content
The latest edition of UEFA Direct magazine is out now, offering a complete overview of European football. Published quarterly, the magazine is available now as an interactive PDF in English, French and German.
UEFA Direct 192 covers the game’s return and the final tournaments that captivated a global audience throughout August, as well as detailing the latest events from UEFA’s 55 member national associations.
In this edition:
• Getting the game on: We look at how UEFA teamed up with national associations in Germany, Portugal and Spain to deliver the finals of the Champions League, Women’s Champions League and Europa League in record time.
• Aleksander Čeferin: The UEFA president outlines the need to address discrimination within football and wider society.
• Zbigniew Boniek: Polish legend Boniek is now a member of the UEFA Executive Committee, and in this wide-ranging interview, offers his opinions on the game and giving back to his country’s football as the man at the political helm.
• The Technician: UEFA’s coaching supplement looks at the evolution of our technical reports and the game’s tactics over the past 25 years as we prepare to publish the latest series looking back at the 2019/20 campaign.
• Football and refugees: We look at how playing regularly and interacting with the game can be a huge help to the physical and mental health of refugees and asylum seekers.
National associations: New teams, new looks and new hope
UEFA’s member associations provide their own perspective on the footballing landscape, with an eye on the future as the game gets going once more.
Elsewhere in UEFA Direct 192:
• Research and development: We look at a new report detailing how top clubs are investing in their futures, with UEFA solidarity payments being put towards developing talent and building new training facilities.
• UEFA Grow: At a time when associations are facing financial challenges, UEFA Grow has staged an important course to help executives develop good governance and financial sustainability.