The European football spotlight will turn on Vienna this week as UEFA brings two major gatherings to the Austrian capital.
Article top media content
On Tuesday, the UEFA Executive Committee convenes for its latest meeting. This is followed on Wednesday by the 46th Ordinary UEFA Congress, the annual meeting of Europe’s football parliament.
Tuesday 10 May: Executive Committee – UEFA EURO 2024 final tournament match schedule and appointment of hosts
UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin hosts the Executive Committee’s meeting, with the UEFA EURO 2024 final tournament match schedule among the agenda items:
The other main items on the agenda are:
• Appointment of hosts
- 2023 UEFA Europa Conference League final
- 2023 UEFA Congress
• Approval of competition regulations
- 2022-24 UEFA European Football Championship
- 2022/23 UEFA European Under-17 and Under-19 Championships
- 2022/23 UEFA European Women’s Under-17 and Under-19 Championships
- 2022/23 UEFA European Under-19 Futsal Championship
- 2022/23 UEFA Regions‘ Cup
• Approval of technical regulations
- UEFA Club Licensing Regulations for the UEFA Women’s Champions League
- UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (Edition 2022)
- UEFA Equipment Regulations (Edition 2022)
- Procedural Rules governing the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (Edition 2022)
No press conference is planned after the UEFA Executive Committee meeting, with a press conference scheduled after the UEFA Congress the following day.
Wednesday 11 May: 46th UEFA Congress
The UEFA Congress is Europe’s equivalent of a football parliament. It brings together presidents and general secretaries representing each of UEFA’s 55 member associations to make decisions that help shape European football.
The Congress at the Messe Wien Exhibition Congress Center will open at 10:00 CET and close at approximately 12:00 CET.
The main items on the agenda include:
• Report of the UEFA President and Executive Committee and Report of the UEFA Administration 2020/21
• Financial matters – acknowledgement of the financial report and financial statements for 2020/21 and approval of the budget for the 2022/23 financial year
• Update on UEFA’s committees
• Ratification of new members of the UEFA Organs for the Administration of Justice
The Congress will also be streamed live on UEFA.com.
The Congress will be followed by a press conference with the UEFA President, Aleksander Čeferin.