2017/18 UEFA Europa League financial distribution

More than €428.1m in payments from UEFA have been shared by the 56 clubs that took part in the the 2017/18 UEFA Europa League group stage and/or knockout phase.

The UEFA Europa League Trophy
The UEFA Europa League Trophy ©Getty Images

More than €428.1m in payments from UEFA have been shared by the 56 clubs that took part in the 2017/18 UEFA Europa League group stage and/or knockout phase – compared with over €423.1m in 2016/17.

Full distribution to clubs

Club competition revenue – centralised in a single pot and allocated to the Champions League and Europa League clubs – was distributed to clubs involved in the Europa League as of the group stage as follows: 60% was distributed in fixed amounts, while the remaining 40% was distributed in variable amounts calculated on the basis of the commercial value of each national market.

In terms of fixed amounts, clubs received €2.6m for taking part in the group stage, €360,000 for each group stage victory and €120,000 for each draw. Any undistributed money (i.e. €120,000 per draw) was redistributed among all of the clubs participating in the group stage, in proportion to the number of wins achieved by each team.

Each group winner received €600,000, and the runners-up €300,000. Every club taking part in the round of 32 earned €500,000, while clubs participating in the round of 16 each received €750,000. The eight quarter-finalists received €1m each, and the four semi-finalists €1.6m each. Winners Atlético de Madrid earned €6.5m, and runners-up Olympique de Marseille received €3.5m.

Monies from the market pool were divided according to the value of the TV market in each country.

The total amount of €428.1m includes a surplus of €28m allocated to all group stage clubs at the end of the season, in proportion to the amounts obtained by each club during the season.

 

 

Top