What you need to know about the UEFA C Diploma, the newest qualification offered by UEFA, aimed at grassroots coaches
Article top media content
This page provides a detailed overview of the UEFA C Diploma, which supplies participants with the skills to provide a positive developmental experience that enhances players’ enjoyment, knowledge, and skill – regardless of age, ability, gender or background.
Aimed at grassroots coaches, the C Diploma also covers important topics such as child safeguarding, basic first aid and the importance of promoting a healthy, active lifestyle.
Specific details of the course will vary between nations, but the UEFA Coaching Convention guarantees a unified and minimum standard of coach education across UEFA's member associations.
The UEFA C Diploma requires a total minimum 60 hours of education. A minimum 50 hours will be spent studying guided interactive content, with a minimum 10 hours made up of work experience. The course is delivered approximately 50/50 between on- and off-pitch activity.
Four pillars of the UEFA C Diploma
- Creating an opportunity to play football for grassroots players of different ages, genders, backgrounds and abilities: children, teenagers, adults, veterans, disabled people and other amateur target groups
- Inspiring a lifelong desire to play football and stay involved in football
- Maintaining a positive motivational climate
- Adopting a holistic approach to player development
- Improving players’ basic techniques and understanding of the game
- Encouraging players to think for themselves
- Enabling players to experience the health benefits of regularly playing football and improving their overall fitness
- Instilling in players values of fair play and respect
- Planning and delivering various game formats with an emphasis on enjoyment and development
- Using the game as a tool to help players in their personal and football development
How do I enrol for a UEFA C Diploma?
Contact your national football association for the latest course information, availability and eligibility.View the full UEFA C Diploma syllabus