Wolfsburg consolidate second, Dortmund woes continue
Saturday, December 20, 2014
VfL Wolfsburg reduced FC Bayern München's winter break lead to 11 points with a victory while SV Werder Bremen gained a vital win to leave Borussia Dortmund in trouble.
Article top media content
• VfL Wolfsburg reduce FC Bayern München's winter break lead to 11 points, beating 1. FC Köln 2-1.
• Second-half Naldo header seals comeback win.
• Bayern had beaten 1. FSC Mainz 05 2-1 on Friday night.
• FC Augsburg, in sixth, come from behind to record 2-1 home win against fourth-placed VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach.
• Raúl Bobadilla seals victory for hosts in game which, like Wolfsburg, they trailed.
• Defeat ends Die Fohlen's four-game unbeaten Bundesliga run.
• Bayer 04 Leverkusen strike late to earn 1-1 draw with Eintracht Frankfurt.
• Karim Bellarabi hits 83rd-minute equaliser; Alexander Meier grabs sixth strike in five for visitors.
• Werkself climb a place to third; Eagles up to seventh.
• Fifth-placed FC Schalke 04 held to goalless stalemate by lowly Hamburger SV.
• SV Werder Bremen record first win in four, following 2-1 success against Borussia Dortmund.
• Davie Selke and Fin Bartels on target for hosts; Mats Hummels grabs consolation.
• BVB lie second from bottom following tenth loss in 17 outings.
• VfB Stuttgart, in 15th, without a win in four following goalless draw with tenth-placed SC Paderborn 07.
Premier League: City win, United held
Liga: Barcelona hit five
Ligue 1: Paris slip, Monaco move closer
Serie A: Milan hold Roma