Article top media content
The following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") govern your use of the websites, mobile applications, and other online and mobile services, including all digital content and functionality contained on them, (together the “UEFA Platform”) that link to or post the Terms and Conditions and that are operated by Union des Associations Européennes de Football or its affiliates (collectively, "UEFA," "we" "our" "us").
UEFA Platforms include but are not limited to: www.uefa.com, www.uefa.tv and https://gaming.uefa.com/.
UEFA may include additional provisions relevant to your access and use of a specific UEFA Platform, which will either be included within these Terms & Conditions (as a supplement below) and/or are also directly accessible from the relevant UEFA Platform.
In addition, when accessing and using a UEFA Platform and/or any specific content or material on it, additional guidelines or rules may apply which are relevant to (and communicated on or within) the UEFA Platform (in addition to any supplemental provisions that may be incorporated in these Terms & Conditions). To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions and any such guidelines or rules, the guidelines or rules shall prevail.
1 Acceptance of terms
1.1 By accessing, downloading, installing, or using the UEFA Platforms, whether or not you become a registered user, you signify your agreement with and understanding of these Terms & Conditions, which you acknowledge you have read and understood. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, you are not authorised to access the UEFA Platforms.
1.2 We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time. You must review these Terms & Conditions on a regular basis to keep yourself informed of any changes. Continued use of the UEFA Platforms following any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
2 Registration obligations
2.1 Certain areas of the UEFA Platforms require registration to access all relevant content and/or functionality (“Restricted Areas”). By registering, you represent that: (i) you are eligible for an account (by reference to the eligibility criteria included in Section 2.2 below); and (ii) the information you include about yourself (as part of the registration process) (your “Personal Information”) is true, accurate, current and complete (and you undertake to maintain such Personal Information during the time you have a UEFA account).
2.2 You are only eligible to register for a UEFA account if: (i) you are an individual who is at least eighteen (18) years old or of legal age in your country of residence if such age exceeds eighteen (18); or (ii) you are an individual whose registration has been authorised by your parents or legal guardian (if you are below the legal age in your respective country of residence).
2.3 If you provide, or UEFA has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have provided, any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, UEFA reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse you access to any UEFA Platform.
2.4 By registering for a UEFA account in connection with your use of a specific UEFA Platform, you are advised that you can use the same UEFA account credentials to access other UEFA Platforms, and you accept that these Terms & Conditions apply to all UEFA Platforms.
2.5 In order to access and use a UEFA mobile application, you will be required to download it through a third-party digital distribution platform that makes mobile or smart TV applications available. Your use of such digital distribution platform will be governed by a separate and independent legal agreement between you and the relevant third party, and UEFA has no responsibility or liability in respect of your use of such platform or any transactions with such third parties on their platforms.
3 Registration through a third-party authentication service
3.1 In the event you sign in through a third-party authentication service provider, UEFA may receive certain Personal Information about you from the relevant third party, but you remain responsible for: (i) ensuring your compliance with Section 2.1 above; and (ii) the terms relevant to your relationship with such third-party authentication service provider (including any relevant consents you provide them with respect to your Personal Information).
3.2 In the event you terminate your relationship with or modify the nature of the consents you provide such third-party authentication service provider, UEFA may be required to delete certain data relevant to you which could impact the operation of your UEFA account. In such circumstances you are advised to review (and update where necessary) your Personal Information to ensure there is no interruption to your enjoyment of the UEFA Platforms.
4 Member account, Password and Security
4.1 As part of your registration for a UEFA account, you will be responsible: (i) for setting and keeping the confidentiality of the password linked to your account; and (ii) all activities that occur under your registered account.
4.2 You agree to: (i) immediately notify UEFA of any unauthorized use of your account (including any breach of security); and (ii) ensure that you take such reasonable steps to sign out of your account when using a computer or device that does not belong to you. UEFA cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Clause 4.
5 Access for Children
UEFA is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its UEFA Platform visitors and registered users, particularly those not yet of legal age in their respective country of residence. For this reason, parents / legal guardians who wish to allow their children access to the UEFA Platforms should review these Terms & Conditions and assist such children with the setting up of any relevant accounts and supervise the child’s access to the UEFA Platforms. By allowing your child access to the UEFA Platforms, he or she will be able to access all of the UEFA Platforms, which may now or in the future include public and private communication tools as well as other features that may not be appropriate for use by unsupervised children. Please remember that the UEFA Platforms are designed to appeal to a broad audience. As the legal guardian, it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the UEFA Platforms and/or information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, feeds and any other material on the UEFA Platforms ("Content") are appropriate for your child. UEFA disclaims any liability in this respect.
6.1 The UEFA Platforms include: (i) Content provided by UEFA; and (ii) Content that may be posted by users of the UEFA Platforms ("User Submissions").
6.2 All Content provided by UEFA is owned by, or licensed to, UEFA. Content provided by UEFA is provided to you "AS IS" and may not be used, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any other purposes than your personal access and viewing of the Content on the UEFA Platforms. For that sole and exclusive purpose, UEFA grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access and use the UEFA Platforms privately for non-commercial purposes, in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
6.3 You retain the rights in any User Submission that you post to a UEFA Platform. You shall be solely responsible for a User Submission and the consequences of posting it. You represent that any User Submission you post: (i) shall not infringe any copyright (or any other intellectual property right), proprietary right or right of publicity or privacy of a third party or individual; (ii) shall not violate any law or regulation; (iii) shall not be defamatory or libellous; (iv) shall not be obscene or contain pornography; (v) shall not contain derogatory comments or hate speech specifically targeting any groups, individuals, religions, or nationalities; (vi) shall not contain unsettling or violent content; (vii) shall not include incomplete, false or inaccurate information; and (viii) shall not contain any viruses, or other malicious code or third party link intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
6.4 You understand and agree that UEFA only acts as a platform for such User Submissions and that it has no liability in respect of their display on the UEFA Platforms. UEFA cannot, nor does it undertake to, proactively control or moderate User Submissions.
6.5 You grant to UEFA a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display User Submissions (for so long as such User Submission exists) in connection with the delivery of the UEFA Platforms and UEFA’s wider promotional activity.
6.6 You understand and agree that UEFA has no obligation to accept any User Submission you post. UEFA may, in its sole discretion, edit, remove or delete any User Submission, as well as terminate your access to the UEFA Platforms without notice if, in its opinion, any User Submission you post breaches the provisions of Section 6.3 above.
6.7 Your business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, any advertisers or merchants found on or through the UEFA Platforms, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser or merchant. UEFA shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or merchants on the UEFA Platforms.
6.8 The UEFA Platforms may contain links or feeds from or to other websites or resources. UEFA has no control over such sites and resources and is not responsible or liable for, any content available on such sites or resources.
6.9 In the event that you wish to establish a link to any UEFA Platform, you expressly agree: (i) not to include the UEFA Platform into the frame of another website; (ii) not to create any third party association with the UEFA Platform or UEFA itself; (iii) to properly attribute the UEFA Platform referred to in your link to UEFA; and (iv) to ensure that the link does not state nor imply that UEFA approves of, sponsors or endorses any other website activity, company, resource or entity carried out by you or a relevant third party, or presents UEFA and/or its activities in a false, misleading, defamatory or derogatory manner or otherwise damages UEFA’s reputation or takes advantage of it.
6.10 UEFA reserves the right to require you at any time to remove any link to the UEFA Platforms.
7 Access to UEFA Gaming Hub
7.1 When you enter and participate in a UEFA game ("Game"), your participation shall be governed by these Terms & Conditions, the rules of the relevant Game and any other materials relating to the Game published on the relevant UEFA Platform. Informative and explanatory material relating to the Game (including instructions for the competition and the scoring system) and the Rules form part of these Terms & Conditions
7.2 Every application to participate in the Game must be made by a natural person by entering certain personal information on the relevant registration/application form. Entry and participation shall be free. Please note that, unless otherwise stated in the rules of the Game, prizes will only be available to participants with legal residence/domicile in countries whose football national association is a member of UEFA. Participants with legal residence/domicile elsewhere may participate in the Game for their own enjoyment but will not be eligible for any prizes.
7.3 Only one application is allowed per participant.
7.4 Children under the age of thirteen (13) are not permitted to participate in a Game. Participants between thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age (“Minors”) must seek parental permission before participating in the Game. UEFA will not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen (13) or Minors without parental permission to register for a Game.
7.5 The computer record of the application will be considered as representing your formal application. Any application not adhering to the relevant format or incomplete applications will be deemed invalid. UEFA is not responsible (nor is it liable to you) for application information or results lost or delayed due to the computer or device you use to participate inthe Game and the relevant internet connection (including any interruption arising through traffic and use of the relevant UEFA Platform).
7.6 UEFA reserves the right to refuse the application name you use to enter the Game, which it considers in its sole discretion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be deleted. Please bear this in mind when you choose the name for your application.
7.7 Acceptance of an application to the Game is at the sole discretion of UEFA. All accepted and registered participants will be notified by UEFA. Acceptance messages issued by UEFA to a participant that are either “undeliverable” or that remain undelivered will nullify the application and will result in the participation in the Game not being accepted. UEFA shall not be liable for acceptance messages which are “undeliverable” or remain for any reason undelivered.
7.8 The winner(s) shall be determined in accordance with the rules of the Game and will be notified by email by UEFA, or a third party acting on UEFA’s behalf. In the email to the winner, certain personal information may be requested by UEFA or its representatives (by example - name, surname, delivery address, email and phone number) for the sole purpose of facilitating the prize delivery. In the event that the winner does not provide the requested information or respond to any reminder prompt to provide (within the time period stated in such reminder), UEFA reserves the right to grant the prize to another participant.
7.9 No interest will be paid on any prize. Prizes may not be transferred without the prior written consent of UEFA. UEFA, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of greater or equal value if any prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability. Prizes pictured in Game materials are for illustration purposes only. Actual prizes may vary from the pictured prize.
7.10 Each Participant can only win one (1) prize in the Game and only one (1) prize shall be awarded per household.
7.11 In the event a Minor wins a prize, the participation in the Game has to be confirmed and the prize has to be accepted by his/her parent or legal guardian and, if the prize is tickets to a match of a UEFA competition, the Minor has to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. UEFA has the right in its sole discretion to amend or not to allocate a prize won by a Minor.
7.12 To the extent permitted by applicable law, your application to a Game constitutes permission for UEFA and any third party authorised by UEFA to use the names and photographs of Participants at its sole discretion for publicity purposes. In particular, UEFA intends to publish the winner's name and, if available, a photo of the winner on the home page of the Game Website. By participating in the Game, each Participant explicitly agrees to publication of his/her name and, if available, a photo, on winning the Game, if this is required by UEFA.
7.13 The Game is not open to employees of UEFA (and/or any employee of affiliates or associated companies of UEFA), their relatives, or any employees of companies involved in the development or support of the Game.
7.14 UEFA may, at its sole discretion, suspend or disqualify a participant, or vary, amend or waive the Rules at any time, or cancel the Game at any time in the event of circumstances arising beyond UEFA’s control or which make it desirable to do so. The Participants agree that UEFA shall not be liable as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any liability from UEFA to you (the participant).
8 Trademarks and copyright information
8.1 The UEFA logo, together with the emblems and mascots of UEFA competitions, the UEFA event marks and product and service names are trademarks and copyright material of UEFA ("UEFA Marks").
8.2 Nothing in the UEFA Platforms is designed to grant any licence or right to use any UEFA Marks or Content to you other than expressly detailed in these Terms & Conditions.
8.3 UEFA respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any of your intellectual property rights have been infringed on the UEFA Platforms, please provide UEFA with the relevant information by completing this Contact Form.
9 Changes to UEFA Platforms
UEFA reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the UEFA Platforms, including any Content or User Submissions thereon with or without notice. UEFA shall not be held liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance. Although UEFA will make reasonable efforts to keep the UEFA Platforms up to date, UEFA has no obligation to you to do so.
10.1 To the extent you register for a UEFA account, UEFA shall require the following Personal Information from you: (i) Name; (ii) Email address; (iii) Date of birth; (iv) Country of residence.
10.2 This Personal Information is collected to administer your account and provide you with access to the Restricted Areas of the UEFA Platforms.
10.3 UEFA may use information it collects in relation to your use of the UEFA Platforms to support and improve such UEFA Platforms (through user insights, reporting and profile building, in order to optimise the relevance of Content on such UEFA Platforms to you).
11.1 If you access and use our Platforms, you do so at your sole risk. The UEFA Platforms, and the UEFA Content is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. UEFA makes no representation that material on the UEFA Platforms is appropriate or available for use in any specific jurisdiction. You are responsible for your compliance with all local laws and regulations in the jurisdiction in which you access the UEFA Platforms. UEFA expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
11.2 UEFA makes no warranty or representation that: (i) the UEFA Platforms (including any UEFA Content) will meet your expectations; (ii) the UEFA Platforms or the UEFA Content will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; and (iii) any errors in the Content will be corrected.
11.3 Commentary and any other materials posted on or within the UEFA Platforms (including the UEFA Content) are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from UEFA, or through the UEFA Platforms (including the UEFA Content) shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in the Terms & Conditions and UEFA disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed upon such materials by you.
12 Your indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold UEFA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, licensees, officers, agents, co-branders and other partners, and employees, harmless from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, penalties, fines, costs and expenses, including without limitation reasonable legal fees, that may arise in connection with your failure to comply with any provision of the Terms & Conditions.
13 Limitation of liability
You expressly acknowledge and agree that UEFA shall not be liable, under any circumstances to you for any loss or damage of whatever nature suffered by you in connection with your access and use of any UEFA Platform (including UEFA Content and any Game). This limitation and exclusion of liability shall not extend to liability for death or personal injury resulting from UEFA’s negligence, or any other liability which is not permitted by applicable law.
UEFA may, in its sole discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause, in particular if you do not comply with these Terms & Conditions, with or without prior notice and at any time: (i) terminate your access (whether restricted or not) to the UEFA Platforms in whole or in part; and (ii) deactivate or delete any of your accounts and all related information and files in such accounts as well as your User Submissions.
If We amend these Terms & Conditions We shall place an updated version on UEFA.com. Individual UEFA Platforms may also provide notices of changes to the Terms & Conditions or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on or within the relevant UEFA Platform.
16 General Provisions
16.1 These Terms & Conditions (including the specific terms applicable to certain services) constitute the entire agreement between you and UEFA in relation to their subject matter, superseding and extinguishing any prior agreements, arrangements, undertakings of any nature, between you and UEFA, whether oral or written in relation to such subject matter.
16.2 Any failure by UEFA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
16.3 If any provision of the Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid, you acknowledge and agree that the other provisions of the Terms & Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
16.4 You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or obligations, or subcontract the performance of any of your obligations, under these Terms & Conditions. UEFA may assign or transfer any right or obligation, or subcontract the performance of any of its obligations, under these Terms & Conditions to any third party at any time without notice to you.
16.5 These Terms & Conditions are drafted in English and may be translated in other languages. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and any translated text, the most recent English edition (indicated by the date at the bottom of this page) shall prevail and be used as the basis to solve any doubts of interpretation.
17 Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms & Conditions and the relationship between you and UEFA shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland. All disputes in connection with these Terms & Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nyon, Switzerland.
UEFA owns and operates the UEFA Website, www.uefa.tv, and its related UEFA App ("UEFA TV"), including any Digital Content (as defined in Section 1.1 below) and software contained thereon ("UEFA TV Media").
1 UEFA TV Media
1.1 We provide you with access to various types of digital content as part of Our provision of UEFA TV, including certain audio-visual footage, graphics, photographs, text, statistics, logos and other media related to UEFA’s football competitions and events, and those of its third-party content partners (the "Digital Content").
1.2 The UEFA TV Media (including the selection or arrangement of Digital Content) is protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other proprietary intellectual property rights owned or used under license by UEFA.
1.4 To enjoy full access to the Digital Content (made available by UEFA in your territory) you are required to register to access it. If you have registered to access and use any other UEFA Platform, then your registration credentials (deriving from the UEFA account you have) shall be sufficient to enable you to browse and consume Our UEFA TV Media. The provisions relevant to your registration (including the information you enter and are obliged to maintain) are included in Section 2 (Registration obligations) of the UEFA Terms & Conditions.
2 Use of UEFA TV
2.1 You must use UEFA TV in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
2.3 Your browsing and consumption of the UEFA TV Media shall provide UEFA with information regarding your viewing habits and content preferences, which UEFA shall use to improve UEFA TV, including by personalising the Digital Content and services that are made available to you.
2.4 UEFA, its Content Partners and third-party advertisers are also interested in understanding how successful certain Digital Content is on UEFA TV. UEFA may, therefore, share certain aggregated and anonymised information with such parties, including by example, viewership numbers.
2.6 Your access and enjoyment of UEFA TV requires one or more compatible devices, internet access and certain hardware and software and may require you to obtain updates or upgrades from time to time. You agree that your ability to access and enjoy UEFA TV may be affected by the performance of such materials and that such system requirements are under your responsibility (together with all associated costs incurred, including your internet or data service providers charges).
3 Territorial Restrictions
3.1 The Digital Content made available through UEFA TV is subject to restrictions on the territories in which it can be made available, which are imposed by UEFA or a relevant Content Partner (as the proprietary rights holder of such content). Therefore, the Digital Content on UEFA TV (and how it is made available to you) may vary by time and your territorial location.
3.2 UEFA deploys technologies to determine your geographic location. As stated in Section 2.2 (vii), you may not use any technologies or techniques to obscure or manipulate the location in which you access UEFA TV.
4 Supported Devices & Updates
4.1 The availability of UEFA TV depends on the quality of your internet connection and device capabilities. UEFA TV may not be available (in whole or in part) on all devices. Please note that the requirements for compatible devices may change from time to time, without notice to you.
5 Changes to UEFA TV
We may make changes to any element of UEFA TV (including the removal or addition of certain functionality or features), including by system update or upgrade. The availability of Digital Content may also change from time to time, and We reserve the right to withdraw Digital Content at any time, with or without notice to you.
6 Terminating your right to use UEFA TV
7.1 We may send you information relating to your account or use of UEFA TV (including by e.g. changes in password, confirmation messages, content and feature updates) either by message through UEFA TV or by email to the email address you provided during sign up.
7.2 You can contact us by completing the following Contact Form.
ORGANISATION OF THE COMPETITION
1. These Rules apply to the free competition without obligation of purchase named “UEFA Champions League match night competition” (hereinafter “the Competition”), which is run by the Union des Associations Européennes de Football (“UEFA”, “We”, “Our”), a Swiss association that is located at 46 route de Genève, 1260 Nyon 2, Switzerland.
2. The Competition will take place every UEFA Champions League™ match night, from two (2) hours before kick off of the relevant match until kick-off of the relevant match (the “Competition Period”), and will be available on the.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
3. Entry and participation are free.
4. The Competition is open to all guests who are invited to the Champions Club on the relevant match night with a valid ticket and a valid hospitality pass, with the exception of UEFA members of staff and members of staff of any companies involved in developing the Competition. UEFA reserves the right to alter or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
5. Children under the age of eighteen (18) (or who are not legal age in their country of residence where such legal age exceeds eighteen (18)) are not permitted to participate in the Competition.
6. Every application to participate in the Competition must be made by a natural person permitted to enter the Competition pursuant to paragraphs 4 and 5 above (“Participant”, “You”, “Your”) by registering on the UCL mobile app (the “Mobile App”).
7. Access and registration to the Competition requires You to fill in personal details and enter the relevant match code on the Mobile App. By registering, You represent and warrant that the information You include as part of the access process is accurate and not misleading.
8. In respect of Your access to and use of the Mobile App, You agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself. If You provide, or UEFA has reasonable grounds to suspect that You have provided, any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or UEFA otherwise reasonably considers that You have failed to comply with any provisions of these Rules, UEFA has the right to immediately suspend or terminate Your participation in the Competition and/or Your access and use of UEFA’s platforms.
9. When You enter and participate in the Competition, You are bound to accept that You must participate in the Competition in accordance with these Rules and the Terms and Conditions of uefa.com, available on https://www.uefa.com/termsconditions/index.html).
MECHANICS OF THE COMPETITION
10. The Competition comprises two separate games – one in the form of a ‘predictor’ game and the other in the form of a ‘more/less’ game, both of which are available via the Mobile App (Participants may play either or both games). In order to enter the Competition and play the relevant game(s), each Participant must:
• Open the Mobile App;
• Register with the relevant match code and fill in the compulsory fields of the entry form (e.g. surname, first name, valid email and address, score prediction, more/less responses and provide confirmation that they are permitted to enter into the Competition);
• Submit their application to the Competition during the Competition Period.
11. By clicking on the “Submit” button within the Mobile App, the Participant confirms their registration and becomes eligible to enter the Competition subject to these Rules.
12. The Competition is made up of the following prizes:
• in relation to the ‘predictor’ game, a Home Club Official Jersey; and
• in relation to the ‘more/less’ game, an official UCL match ball.
SELECTION OF THE WINNER
13. The winner of the Competition will be selected: (i) in the case of the ‘predictor’ game, by draw via a random selection algorithm following the final whistle of the relevant match; and (ii) in the case of the ‘more/less’ game, by selecting the highest scoring player (in the event of a tie, a random selection algorithm will be used). As the results are announced when guests have returned to the Champions Club following the final whistle of the relevant match, Participants must be present in the Champions Club at such time in order to be able to claim the relevant prize.
14. The designation of the winners will happen once their eligibility for the relevant prize has been verified and each winner will be required to show:
• a copy of their identification document;
• their valid Champions Club hospitality pass for the relevant match night
• their phone showing the correctly predicted score / answers in the Mobile App.
15. If the relevant winning guest is no longer present at the Champions Club at the time the announcement is made, is ineligible and/or otherwise fails to claim the relevant prize, the relevant guest waives their right to claim such prize. In such circumstances, UEFA shall have no liability and the prize may be forfeited and UEFA may conduct a further draw to select an alternative winner.
16. The decision of UEFA is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising the Competition. No cash or other alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable.
18. Any and all other costs and expenses involved in claiming a prize are the responsibility of the winner (other than the costs referred to in Paragraph 26). Any and all applicable taxes or duties in relation to the prizes are the responsibility of the winner.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, UEFA and its agents and/or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or any participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize except to the extent it is caused by the negligence of UEFA and its agents and/or distributors or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. In addition, UEFA shall not be liable to any winner if the relevant prize cannot be delivered and/or supplied (including due to a force majeure event such as the Covid-19 pandemic).
20. UEFA will not accept responsibility for Competition entries that are not received by UEFA (including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind).
21. By entering the Competition, UEFA will use the personal data as mentioned in paragraph 10 above.
22. The personal data requested to enter the Competition is necessary to make and handle Your participation and/or to be able to award the prize.
23. UEFA may need to transfer certain personal data of the winner to any third party appointed by UEFA for the purpose of delivering the relevant prize.
24. The personal data gathered is only collected and processed by UEFA and/or the third parties referred to in paragraphs 23 and 29 for no longer than is necessary for handling of Your participation in the Competition/the above requirements, unless otherwise provided by law.
ADDITIONAL PRIZE DRAW FOR WINNER OF PREDICTOR GAME
26. The winner of each predictor game (excluding the winners from the semi-final and final matches) will additionally be automatically entered into a further prize draw to win a trip to the UEFA Champions League™ Final 2023 in Istanbul (the “Final Prize”). The Final Prize will consist of:
• Two (2) UEFA Champions League™ Final 2023 tickets with hospitality;
• Return flights in economy class from any European airport for the winner of the Final Prize and one (1) guest (with such guest also flying from the same airport as the winner);
• Airport and match transfers; and
• Accommodation for one (1) night in a hotel chosen by UEFA.
27. The winner of the Final Prize will be selected by draw via a random selection algorithm following the conclusion of the quarter final matches.
28. The winner will be contacted by UEFA via email (using the email address supplied by the Participant in the Mobile App). Failure to respond within ninety-six (96) hours may result in UEFA selecting an alternative winner. The winner must provide UEFA with verification of their identity (e.g. passport or official ID card) as well as all other information and documentation necessary to enable UEFA to make the relevant arrangements and to deliver the Final Prize (e.g. name, surname, date of birth for the winner and their guest as well as the name of their departure airport).
29. UEFA may need to transfer certain personal data of the winner to the travel agency (currently Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) and the service providers (e.g. airline, hotel and transfer company) engaged by or on behalf of UEFA for the purpose of delivering the Final Prize.
30. Except where otherwise stated in paragraphs 27, 28 and 29, the provisions of the Rules set out above in relation to the Competitions shall apply equally to the Final Prize (all necessary changes being made).
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
31. These Rules and the relationship between You and UEFA shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland. All disputes in connection with these Rules shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nyon, Switzerland.
ORGANISATION OF THE GAME
1.1 These rules (the “Rules") apply to the free game without obligation of purchase named “UEFA Champions League Ultimate Knockout” (the “Game”).
1.2 The Game is run by Union des Associations Européennes de Football ("UEFA", “We”, “Our”), a Swiss association that is located at 46 route de Genève, 1260 Nyon 2, Switzerland.
1.3 The Game will take place between 11:00 CET on 15th September 2023 and 09.59 CET on 15th December 2023 (the “Competition Period”) on www.uefa.virtual.com (the “Website”). UEFA reserves the right to alter or remove the Game at its sole discretion.
1.4 The Competition Period shall consist of six (6) individual events (each a “Round”) which shall take place live on:
(a) Tuesday 19 September 2023 at 17:00 CET
(b) Tuesday 3 October 2023 at 17:00 CET
(c) Tuesday 24 October 2023 at 17:00CET
(d) Tuesday 7 November 2023 at 17:00 CET
(e) Tuesday 28 November 2023 at 17:00 CET
(f) Tuesday 12 December 2023 at 17:00 CET
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
2.1 Entry to and participation in the Game are free.
2.2 The Game is open to participants from anywhere in the world, with the exception of UEFA members of staff and members of staff of companies involved in developing the Game.
2.3 Every application to participate in the Game must be made by a natural person (“Participant”, “You”, “Your”) by registering on the Website, building an avatar and choosing a nickname for that avatar.
2.4 In order to access the Website and to register for the Game, You are required to fill in personal details. By registering, You represent and warrant that the information You include as part of the access process is accurate and not misleading. You are responsible for ensuring that Your participation is made in compliance with any and all applicable laws of Your country of residence, including with respect to the acceptance of the Prizes (as defined at Clause 4). UEFA shall bear no responsibility for entries which are not compliant (for any reason whatsoever) with the relevant applicable laws.
2.5 Access may be obtained and used only by individual, independent persons who are at least eighteen (18) years old (or at least of legal age in their country of residence if such age exceeds eighteen (18)).
2.6 If You provide, or UEFA has reasonable grounds to suspect that You have provided, any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or UEFA otherwise reasonably considers that You have failed to comply with any provisions of these Rules, UEFA has the right to immediately suspend or terminate Your access and refuse You access to any and all current or future use of the UEFA platforms (or any portion thereof).
2.7 When You enter and participate in the Game, You are bound to accept that you must participate in the Game in accordance with these Rules and the terms and conditions of the Website, available at www.uefa.com/termsconditions/index.html (the “Website Terms and Conditions”).
2.8 When You build and name your avatar in relation to the entry and participation in the Game, You are bound to accept that you must build your avatar in accordance with these Rules and the terms and conditions of ReadyPlayerMe, available at https://readyplayer.me/terms. UEFA reserves the right to exclude or disqualify You from the Game if UEFA considers Your avatar (including in relation to any avatar nickname) to be offensive, obscene, derogatory, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate.
2.9 If You win the Game, You and your guests agree that you may be filmed or photographed and that images and audio-visual footage of You and your guests may be used by UEFA and their commercial partners for promotional and commercial purposes.
MECHANICS OF THE GAME
3.1 To enter the Game, You must:
Visit the Website;
Register or log in to participate;
Build an avatar for your log in;
You must enter each Round live. For each Round, you must answer the questions presented to you correctly, until either: (i) You are the last remaining person in your selected group of participants with only correct answers to said questions, or (ii) You have answered ten questions correctly.
3.2 By entering the Game (including any Round of the Game), You confirm that you have read and expressly accepted the Website Terms and Conditions as well as the Rules.
3.3 Each successful participant who correctly answers the questions as per 3.1d above shall be entered into a draw to win the Prizes as follows:
(a) the following participants shall be entered into a draw to win the Main Prize (as defined in Clause 4.1 below): (i) every participant who answers all 70 questions correctly across all Rounds throughout the Competition Period; and (ii) where the number of participants who answer all 70 questions correctly does not exceed one hundred (100), participants with the next highest scores across all Rounds in the Competition Period will in addition be entered such that the total number of participants in the draw for the Main Prize is one hundred (100).
(b) participants who enter a Round shall be entered into a draw to win one of the Spot Prizes (as defined in Clause 4.2). Where a participant enters more than one Round, they will be entered into the draw for the corresponding number of times.
By way of example, if a participant enters three (3) out of the seven (7) Rounds, the participant will be entered into the draw to win one of the Spot Prizes three (3) times.
3.4 Participants may enter each Round of the Game once.
4. 1 The prizes consist of (i) the Main Prize and (ii) the Spot Prizes (as defined below) (together the “Prizes”). There shall be a main prize which shall consist of one (1) return flight in economy class for the winner and one (1) guest from the winner’s home destination (with such guest also flying from the same airport as the winner) to the host city of the 2024 UEFA Champions League final, two (2) tickets for the 2024 UEFA Champions League final (for the winner and the guest) and accommodation for two (2) nights in a hotel chosen by UEFA (the “Main Prize”). There shall be one (1) winner of the Main Prize. The winner shall be selected at random among valid entries pursuant to Clause 3.3(a).4.2 In addition to the Main Prize, there shall be six (6) spot prizes which shall have an equivalent value of up to €500, which shall be selected at random among valid entries pursuant to Clause 3.3(b) (the “Spot Prizes”).
4.3 UEFA will notify the winners of the Main Prize and the Spot Prize via email to the email address they provided as part of the registration process at the end of the Competition Period. UEFA shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winners cannot be contacted, are ineligible or fail to claim the Prizes within seventy-two (72) hours from the time the award notification was sent, the Prizes may be forfeited and alternative winners selected by UEFA.
4.4 The designation of the winners will happen only once their eligibility for the Main Prize and the Spot Prize has been verified.
4.5 UEFA reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winners and/or any guest from participation in the Game and receipt of the Prizes if (i) such winners and/or guest fails to comply with the directions of UEFA or any other companies associated with the Prizes, (ii) the winner and/or any guest fails to comply with any applicable third party terms and conditions, or (iii) the winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
4.6 UEFA’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the decision.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
5.1 Insofar as is permitted by law, UEFA and its agents and/or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or any participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the Game or accepting a Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of UEFA, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. In addition, UEFA shall not be liable to any winner if the relevant Prize cannot be delivered and/or supplied (including due to a force majeure event such as, but not limited to, the Covid-19 pandemic).
5.2 UEFA will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged, delayed in transit or otherwise not received, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
6.1 Any Prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising the Game. No cash or other alternative will be offered. The sale, transfer or exchange of any part of the Prizes is strictly prohibited.
6.2 UEFA shall be entitled to change or withdraw any of the Prizes at its absolute discretion and for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any of the Prizes and/or any restriction due to the Covid-19 pandemic or other force majeure events).
6.3 UEFA will not be held responsible for the winners not taking advantage of the Prize due to ill health or any other reason.
6.4 For the avoidance of doubt, the use of any Main Prize or Spot Prize shall be subject to the relevant third party service providers’ terms and conditions.
6.5 Except for any delivery costs associated with sending or arranging the Main Prize or Spot Prize to the winners, any and all costs and expenses involved in claiming the Prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Any applicable taxes and duties in relation to the Prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
7.1 By entering the Game, UEFA will use the personal data provided at the time of the creation of your personal account on UEFA.com.
7.2 The personal data requested to enter the Game is necessary to make and handle Your participation and/or to be able to award the Prizes.
7.3 UEFA will transfer certain personal data of the winner to WMG Management Europe Limited (71-91 Aldwych, Aldwych House 7th Floor, London, WC2B 4HN), appointed by UEFA for the purpose of organizing the Game and the Prizes.
7.4 UEFA may also need to transfer certain personal data of the winners to the travel agency (currently Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT)) and the service providers (e.g. airline and hotel) engaged by or on behalf of UEFA for the purpose of delivering the Main Prize. The winner must provide UEFA with verification of their identity (e.g. passport or official ID card) as well as all other information and documentation necessary to enable UEFA to make the relevant arrangements and to deliver the Main Prize (e.g. name, surname, date of birth for the winner and their guest as well as the name of their departure airport).
7.5 The personal data gathered is only collected and processed by UEFA and /or the third parties for no longer than is necessary for handling Your request/the above requirements, unless otherwise provided by law.
7.7 Without limiting the above, if You win the Game and accept the Main Prize or the Spot Prize, You and your guest agree that you may be filmed or photographed and that images and audio-visual footage of You and your guest may be used by UEFA and their commercial partners for promotional and commercial purposes.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
8.1 These Rules and the relationship between You and UEFA shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland. All disputes in connection with these Rules shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nyon, Switzerland.