Issue 194 of UEFA’s official magazine gives pride of place to a global sporting spectacle that is thrilling fans young and old across Europe and beyond.
Article top media content
Introducing a bumper 96-page edition of UEFA’s interactive magazine, in which President Aleksander Čeferin joins football fans everywhere in heralding the arrival of UEFA EURO 2020 after a year’s delay.
Alongside our coverage of the EURO, there’s plenty more packed into UEFA Direct giving readers a full overview of how European football’s governing body and its 55 member associations are running, developing and supporting the beautiful game.
UEFA President editorial: The wait is over
“It is time to revel in a month-long festival of football that will further enrich the annals of the game’s history,” Mr Čeferin writes. “Finally, the wider football community can come together and rejoice in the sport that we love and cherish.”
“It has been the longest ever wait between one European Championship and the next,” the UEFA President adds. “Now that the waiting is over, we should savour the moment more than ever before.”
UEFA EURO 2020
360 degree overview of the biggest international sporting event to take place since the start of the pandemic:
• A tournament like no other: UEFA Events SA CEO Martin Kallen reflects on his toughest challenge
• Who’ll win the EURO?: The lowdown on the EURO hopefuls
• How the EUROs support European football: An A-Z guide to UEFA’s HatTrick programme
• Putting health and safety first: EURO 2020’s medical advisor Dr Daniel Koch explains UEFA’s efforts to protect everyone at the finals
Spotlight on European football
• UEFA Congress: Highlighting April’s eventful gathering in Montreux
• Michele Uva: UEFA’s director of football social responsibility speaks about the organisation’s plans for European football to make a difference on human rights and environmental sustainability
• Armand Duka: The Albanian Football Association president has high hopes for his country’s footballing future
• Planning a sustainable future: How UEFA is helping its 55 member associations survive the new realities caused by the pandemic
• UEFA member associations: News from across Europe
On-field action and exciting new developments in the men’s and women’s Champions League competitions
• ‘Every Game Counts’: UEFA unveils a bold new format for its men’s club competitions from 2024
• ‘A Giant Step Forward’: A fresh format for 2021/22 to take the UEFA Women’s Champions League onwards and upwards
• The path to glory: Looking back at the spring finals in UEFA’s club competitions
• UEFA Europa Conference League: Introducing UEFA’s new club competition for next season
Coaching supplement: latest technical trends and tactics
• Smoothing the pathway: Belgium and Italy adopt a novel approach to the transition from playing to coaching
• Mind Games: How important are mental aspects in coach education?
UEFA Direct 194 – a must-read for anyone who follows UEFA and European football…