Fans from 206 countries applied for tickets during the first sales window.
Next chance to apply will be after the final draw on 2 December.
Article top media content
Over 20 million tickets have been requested by fans worldwide for matches at UEFA EURO 2024, demonstrating huge interest in attending the final tournament in Germany from 14 June to 14 July 2024.
Over 1.2 million tickets were available in the application period which ended on 26 October. The simple and transparent ticket request process, as well as match tickets being available from €30, have proved to be a tremendous success with fans globally, who want to join next year’s major football tournament in the heart of Europe. As the tournament slogan goes – “United by Football. Vereint im Herzen Europas.”
Highest demand for opening game and final
• In total more than 20 million ticket applications from 206 countries were received during the first sales period between 3 and 26 October 2023, with 7.8 million applications in the first 24 hours.
• Fans from host country Germany are eager to be part of the tournament on home soil: they make up 65% of the ticket applications, followed by England, France, Spain, and Austria.
• Fans from outside Germany show an appetite to discover different host cities and applied on average for tickets in three different venues.
• Outside Europe, the top 5 countries were the USA, Canada, Australia, China, and Mexico – over 525,000 tickets were applied for from these countries.
• The final, the opening match featuring hosts Germany, and the other two group stage matches involving Germany drew the most interest of the 51 matches.
• A staggering 2,295,665 tickets were requested for the final, to be staged at Olympiastadion Berlin on 14 July 2024 – 33 times the capacity of the stadium.
• More than 1,408,000 applications were received for the opening game, which will be played at the Munich Football Arena on 14 June 2024 – approximately 21 times the venue's capacity.
• On average, each fan applied for 13 tickets.
UEFA Events SA CEO, Martin Kallen:
"The anticipation for UEFA EURO 2024 in Germany is rising every day. With our simple and fair ticketing process combined with affordable prices, we can once again offer fans access unforgettable moments and special encounters. The exceptional number of ticket applications is testament to the continued appeal of the tournament and the interest of fans around the world."
Successful fans to be informed by 14 November
Tickets for all 51 matches will be allocated at the beginning of November by means of a lottery involving all applicants. Successful applicants will be informed by 14 November and will be asked to confirm their order and complete the payment process to secure their match tickets and not lose their chance of being part of UEFA EURO 2024. Payment should be made using Alipay+ or a credit or debit card (VISA or MasterCard) within the timeframe indicated in the email to successful applicants.
Tickets for which the purchase process is not completed within the given timeframe will go back on sale and fans who were unsuccessful in the first sales phase will be the first to be notified about the opportunity to purchase them according to their ranking in the lottery.
Next sales phase for fans of participating national associations
The next opportunity to apply for tickets will be after the final draw on 2 December 2023, when one million tickets will be made available to fans via the 21 qualified national associations, as well as the official UEFA ticket portal on EURO2024.com/tickets. To be eligible to apply for these tickets, fans must meet the specific criteria defined by their respective national association. More information will be published in due course on EURO2024.com/tickets.
Tickets will also be held back for sale to supporters of the national teams that qualify through the UEFA EURO 2024 play-offs, scheduled for 21 March and 26 March 2024.
Resale platform and official hospitality packages
A ticket resale platform – available in spring 2024 – will allow fans to offer their tickets for resale at face value via EURO2024.com/tickets. This platform will enable fans to safely purchase tickets from other fans through the official UEFA sales channel. UEFA reminds all fans to apply for tickets only through the official platform EURO2024.com/tickets to eliminate the risk of acquiring invalid or fraudulent tickets and ensure that sellers receive their money in full.
Hospitality packages at all stadiums and matches are being sold by the 2024 Hospitality Experience AG, the official hospitality provider for EURO 2024 via www.2024-hospitality.com. There are a range of options available, including a more casual and livelier club as well as business lounges or more exclusive private suites. Don't miss your chance to be part of next year’s festival of football in the heart of Europe.