Real Madrid CF's Carlo Ancelotti says he has "the best squad in the world" to choose from to face a Club Atlético de Madrid side who are putting their faith in defensive steel.
Article top media content
• Madrid and Atlético meet in quarter-final second leg with tie locked at 0-0
• Madrid have not beaten Atlético in seven previous encounters this season
• Merengues coach Carlo Ancelotti: "I have the best squad in the world"
• Diego Simeone says Atlético's defence will hold up despite Mario Suárez's ban
• Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 50th goal of season at weekend
Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Coentrão; Isco, Illarramendi, Kroos, James; Ronaldo, Hernández.
• Out: Marcelo (suspended), Modrić (knee), Bale (calf), Benzema (knee)
Atlético: Oblak; Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Siqueira; Arda Turan, Gabi, Tiago, Koke; Griezmann, Mandžukić.
• Out: Mario Suárez (suspended)
• Doubtful: Mandžukić (ankle)
Carlo Ancelotti, Madrid coach
We have to live with the injuries – we have done so in the past. We are without some important players but we couldn't be any more motivated. Atlético are very strong, one of the best teams in the world in defence, so we have to do what we did in the first half at their stadium. [This time] we want to play well from the first minute until the last.
This match shouldn't be more difficult than the last – we are playing at home with the chance of reaching the semi-finals. It's an important match for the club, the fans and the players; we have the opportunity to play in another final. The whole squad deserves to play because they are all motivated and in good shape.
I will reveal my lineup to the players tomorrow. I have said many times that in my opinion I have the best squad in the world. It's important to focus on the players who are going to play and not the ones who can't. We have a number of possible solutions to replace the injured players. James [Rodríguez] is very effective at the moment and will help us a lot, while [Javier Hernández] is playing well and, as he showed against Málaga, he is in good shape.
This match is so important and we don't need any more motivation. We just have to implement our tactical plan on the pitch like we did in the first leg.
Diego Simeone, Atlético coach
We want to savour and enjoy more nights like these because they don't come around often. There is no pressure on these teams, but there is responsibility. I'm thinking about how we can hurt Real Madrid, not about Luka Modrić's injury. We are focused only on ourselves.
[On defensive midfielder Mario Suárez's suspension] We have been doing well at the back of late. We have great players in defensive positions and I have a problem deciding which ones are better suited for each match. We have players who can keep us safe at the back and attack if possible.
Form guide (all competitions, most recent first)
• How many of the sides' 202 fixtures in league and cup have been won by Madrid? Find out in our extensive match background.