Liechtenstein will look to record another eye-catching result in the battle of the bottom two in Group G, having won 1-0 against their guests Moldova earlier in the campaign.
Article top media content
Liechtenstein will look to complete a Group G double against Moldova as the section's bottom two come together again.
• Franz Burgmeier's free-kick in Chisinau on 15 November 2014 earned Liechtenstein a 1-0 win against Moldova in the sides' first ever international meeting.
• It was Liechtenstein's fifth victory in UEFA European Championship qualifying, with Burgmeier's goal his nation's first in this qualifying campaign.
• Liechtenstein are without a competitive success in eight home games (D3 L5) since beating Lithuania 2-0 in UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying, on 3 June 2011.
• Moldova have yet to prevail in Group G (D1 L4); they are also without a win in two competitive away fixtures (D1 L1) since ending their 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign with a 5-2 success in Montenegro.
Trivia and links
• Should Liechtenstein win, they will move on to seven points, matching their best final total for a UEFA European Championship qualifying campaign – achieved on the road to UEFA EURO 2008. Their highest ever qualifying total is eight points, which they amassed in the race to reach the 2006 World Cup finals.
• Liechtenstein have only once managed to avoid finishing last in their qualifying group, signing off their 2006 World Cup bid second bottom.
• The nations have locked horns in two UEFA age-group tournaments. Moldova's Under-17s comfortably beat their Liechtensteiner counterparts 7-0 in a first qualifying round mini-tournament in Greece on 9 October 2002, but it was much closer when the teams met again in a UEFA European U17 Championship match in Poland on 20 September 2005, Moldova winning 4-2.
• The only encounter between the nations' clubs in UEFA competition ended in victory for the side from Liechtenstein; FC Vaduz beat FC Dacia Chisinau 2-0 at home in the first leg of a 2005/06 UEFA Cup first qualifying round tie, progressing despite a 1-0 loss in the return fixture.