UEFA Europa Conference League second qualifying round draw
Thursday, 15 July 2021
There are 54 ties in the second round of the new competition, to be played on 22 and 29 July.
Article top media content
The UEFA Europa Conference League second qualifying round draw has produced 54 ties to be played on 22 and 29 July.
The likes of Aberdeen, Copenhagen, Rosenborg, Basel, Feyenoord, Austria Wien, Gent, BATE Borisov, FCSB and Partizan are entering at this stage in the main path, although not all the pairings will be fully known until the first qualifying round ties are completed on 15 July.
In the champions path, teams transfer from the UEFA Champions League preliminary round and UEFA Champions League first qualifying round.
Second qualifying round draw
- The three teams eliminated in the UEFA Champions League preliminary round (played on 22 and 25 June) and 15 teams eliminated in the UEFA Champions League first qualifying round (played on 6/7 and 13/14 July) all transfer to the UEFA Europa Conference League second qualifying round.
- The nine winners of the ties will advance to the champions path third qualifying round along with Shamrock Rovers, who have a bye.
Teuta (ALB) vs Inter Club d'Escaldes (AND)
Riga FC (LVA) vs Shkëndija (MKD)
Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) vs Maccabi Haifa (ISR)
Budućnost Podgorica (MNE) vs HB Tórshavn (FRO)
Linfield (NIR) vs Borac Banja Luka (BIH)
Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) vs Fola Esch (LUX)
Folgore (SMR) vs Hibernians (MLT)
Prishtina (KOS) vs Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL)
Valur (ISL) vs Bodø/Glimt (NOR)
Bye: Shamrock Rovers (IRL)
- The 57 teams entering at this stage will be joined by the 33 first qualifying round winners on 13 and 15 July.
- The winners of the 45 ties will advance to the main path third qualifying round.
KuPS Kuopio (FIN) vs Vorskla Poltava (UKR)
FCSB (ROU) vs Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)
Arda Kardzhali (BUL) vs Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)
Apollon Limassol (CYP) vs Žilina (SVK)
Čukarički (SRB) vs Sumgait (AZE)
Sutjeska (MNE) vs Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR)
Astana (KAZ) vs Aris Thessaloniki (GRE)
Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA) vs Sivasspor (TUR)
AEL Limassol (CYP) vs Vllaznia (ALB)
Sochi (RUS) vs Keşla (AZE)
Elfsborg (SWE) vs Milsami Orhei (MDA)
RFS (LVA) vs Puskás Akadémia (HUN)
Dinamo Batumi (GEO) vs BATE Borisov (BLR)
Partizan (SRB) vs Dunajská Streda (SVK)
Dundalk (IRL) vs Levadia Tallinn (EST)
Gżira United (MLT) vs Rijeka (CRO)
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) vs Dynamo Brest (BLR)
Kauno Žalgiris (LTU) vs The New Saints (WAL)
Domžale (SVN) vs Honka Espoo (FIN)
CSKA-Sofia (BUL) vs Liepāja (LVA)
Shkupi (MKD) vs Santa Clara (POR)
Hibernian (SCO) vs Santa Coloma (AND)
Larne (NIR) vs AGF Aarhus (DEN)
Gent (BEL) vs Vålerenga (NOR)
Dudelange (LUX) vs Bohemians (IRL)
Velež (BIH) vs AEK Athens (GRE)
Qarabağ (AZE) vs Ashdod (ISR)
Lokomotiv Plovdiv (BUL) vs Slovácko (CZE)
Ararat Yerevan (ARM) vs Śląsk Wrocław (POL)
Universitatea Craiova (ROU) vs Laç (ALB)
Drita (KOS) vs Feyenoord (NED)
Basel 1893 (SUI) vs Partizani (ALB)
Pogoń Szczecin (POL) vs Osijek (CRO)
Austria Wien (AUT) vs Breidablik (ISL)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) vs Birkirkara (MLT)
Hammarby (SWE) vs Maribor (SVN)
Molde (NOR) vs Servette (SUI)
Újpest (HUN) vs Vaduz (LIE)
Sūduva (LTU) vs Raków Czestochowa (POL)
FC Spartak Trnava (SVK) vs Sepsi OSK Sfantu Gheorghe (ROU)
FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL) vs Rosenborg (NOR)
Copenhagen (DEN) vs Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino (BLR)
Panevezys (LTU) vs Vojvodina (SRB)
Hajduk Split (CRO) vs Tobol Kostanay (KAZ)
Aberdeen (SCO) vs BK Häcken (SWE)
The draw results are provisional and are subject to the outcome of ongoing investigations and/or legal proceedings and final confirmations from UEFA.
Road to Tirana: season calendar
Second qualifying round draw: 16 June
First qualifying round: 8 & 15 July
Third qualifying round draw: 19 July
Second qualifying round: 22 & 29 July
Play-off round draw: 2 August
Third qualifying round: 5 & 12 August
Play-offs: 19 & 26 August
Group stage draw: 27 August
Group stage: 16 & 30 September, 21 October, 4 & 25 November, 9 December
Knockout round play-off draw: 13 December
Knockout round play-offs: 17 & 24 February
Round of 16 draw: 25 February
Round of 16: 10 & 17 March
Quarter-final & semi-final draw: 18 March
Quarter-finals: 7 & 14 April
Semi-finals: 28 April & 5 May
Final: 25 May (National Arena, Tirana)
Special COVID rules
Please be aware of the special rules applicable to the qualifying phase and play-offs of the competition due to COVID-19, which can be found here.
In regards to travelling fans being admitted to matches, more information can be found here.
How the draw worked
There are two paths at this stage of qualifying: the champions path and the main path.
- The 15 clubs eliminated in the first qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League were seeded for the purposes of this draw. The other three were unseeded and divided equally between the three groups.
- The UEFA administration formed three groups for the champions path.
- Two pots were prepared for the six sides in Group 1, one for the five seeded teams and the other for the unseeded team.
- The balls containing the seeded teams were placed in a bowl marked 'Seeded' and the ball containing the unseeded one put in a bowl marked 'Unseeded'.
- One ball was taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl, where they were shuffled. The first team drawn will play their first match at home against the second team drawn.
- As there were no more unseeded sides, the four remaining Group 1 balls were thenF drawn one after another to complete the pairings (open draw). The first team drawn play the first match at home, against the second team drawn. Likewise, the third team drawn play their first match at home to the fourth team drawn.
- The above procedure was then repeated to determine the pairings for Groups 2 and 3.
- The clubs were split into two categories, seeded and unseeded, in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season. If any club in a first qualifying round match had a coefficient that would entitle it to be seeded for the second qualifying round draw, the winner of that match was automatically seeded for the draw.
- The UEFA administration formed nine groups for the main path, each with an equal number of seeded and unseeded sides (five of each in every group).
- All the clubs in each of the nine groups were randomly assigned a number: 1 to 5 for the seeded teams and 6 to 10 for the unseeded.
- Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams (five balls containing slips numbered 1 to 5) and the other for the unseeded (five balls containing slips numbered 6 to 10).
- A ball was taken from each bowl and placed in an empty bowl, where they were shuffled. One of the two balls was drawn at random, then opened to display the number it contained. The second ball was drawn and opened to complete the pairing. The result applied to all nine groups.
- For example, if the first ball drawn contained the number 2 and the second the number 8, the clubs that were assigned the numbers 2 and 8 in each of the nine groups would play one another. The first ball drawn, here containing the number 2, designated the home team for the first leg in all nine ties.
- The same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.
Malmö (SWE) / Riga FC (LVA)
Shkëndija (MKD) / Mura (SVN)
Teuta (ALB) / Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR) / Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) / Neftçi (AZE)
UEFA Champions League preliminary round beaten finalist
Ludogorets 1945 (BUL) / FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR)
CFR Cluj (ROU) / Borac Banja Luka (BIH)
Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU) / Linfield (NIR)
HJK Helsinki (FIN) / Budućnost Podgorica (MNE)
Fola Esch (LUX) / Lincoln Red Imps (GIB)
HB Tórshavn (FRO) / Inter Club d'Escaldes (AND)
Ferencváros (HUN) / UEFA Champions League preliminary round winners
Bodø/Glimt (NOR) / Legia Warszawa (POL)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) / Valur (ISL)
Flora Tallinn (EST) / Hibernians (MLT)
Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL) / Alashkert (ARM)
Folgore (SMR) / FC Prishtina (KOS)
1 Apollon Limassol (CYP)
2 Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)
3 Čukarički (SRB)
4 FCSB (ROU)
5 Vorskla Poltava (UKR)
6 FC Noah (ARM) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
7 Žilina (SVK) / Dila Gori (GEO)
8 Sumgait (AZE)
9 Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)
10 Arda Kardzhali (BUL)
1 AEL Limassol (CYP)
2 Sivasspor (TUR)
3 Sochi (RUS)
4 Astana (KAZ)
5 Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR)
6 Gagra (GEO) / Sutjeska (MNE)
7 Široki Brijeg (BIH) / Vllaznia (ALB)
8 Keşla (AZE)
9 Aris Thessaloniki (GRE)
10 Sileks (MKD) / Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA)
1 Partizan (SRB)
2 BATE Borisov (BLR)
3 Dundalk (IRL) / Newtown (WAL)
4 RFS (LVA) / KÍ Klaksvík (FRO)
5 Milsami Orhei (MDA) / FK Sarajevo (BIH)
6 IF Elfsborg (SWE)
7 Dunajská Streda (SVK)
8 Levadia Tallinn (EST)/ St Joseph's (GIB)
9 Inter Turku (FIN) / Puskás Akadémia (HUN)
10 Dinamo Batumi (GEO) / Tre Penne (SMR)
1 Domžale (SVN) / Swift Hesper (LUX)
2 Glentoran (NIR) / The New Saints (WAL)
3 CSKA-Sofia (BUL)
4 Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
5 Rijeka (CRO)
6 Sant Julià (AND) / Gżira United (MLT)
7 Honka Espoo (FIN) /NSÍ Runavík (FRO)
8 Struga (MKD) / Liepāja (LVA)
9 Dynamo Brest (BLR)
10 Europa FC (GIB) / Kauno Žalgiris (LTU)
1 Gent (BEL)
2 AGF Aarhus (DEN)
3 Dudelange (LUX)
4 Hibernian (SCO)
5 Santa Clara (POR)
6 Shkupi (MKD) / Llapi (KOS)
7 Vålerenga (NOR)
8 Stjarnan (ISL) / Bohemians (IRL)
9 Mons Calpe (GIB) / Santa Coloma (AND)
10 Bala Town (WAL) / Larne (NIR)
1 Fehérvár (HUN) / Ararat Yerevan (ARM)
2 Slovácko (CZE)
3 Universitatea Craiova (ROU)
4 Qarabağ (AZE)
5 AEK Athens (GRE)
6 Velež (BIH) / Coleraine (NIR)
7 Paide Linnameeskond (EST) / Śląsk Wrocław (POL)
8 Laçi (ALB) / Podgorica (MNE)
9 Ashdod (ISR)
10 Lokomotiv Plovdiv (BUL)
1 Austria Wien (AUT)
2 Osijek (CRO)
3 Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)
4 Basel 1893 (SUI)
5 Feyenoord (NED)
6 Dečić (MNE) / Drita (KOS)
7 Racing FC Union Lëtzebuerg (LUX) / Breidablik (ISL)
8 La Fiorita (SMR) / Birkirkara (MLT)
9 Sfintul Gheorghe (MDA) / Partizani (ALB)
10 Pogoń Szczecin (POL)
1 Sūduva (LTU) / Valmiera (LVA)
2 Vaduz (LIE)
3 FC Spartak Trnava (SVK) / Mosta (MLT)
4 Molde (NOR)
5 Maribor (SVN) / Urartu (ARM)
6 Hammarby (SWE)
7 Raków Czestochowa (POL)
8 Sepsi OSK Sfantu Gheorghe (ROU)
9 Servette (SUI)
10 Újpest (HUN)
1 Hajduk Split (CRO)
2 Vojvodina (SRB)
3 Aberdeen (SCO)
4 Copenhagen (DEN)
5 Rosenborg (NOR)
6 FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL) / Sligo Rovers (IRL)
7 Tobol Kostanay (KAZ)
8 BK Häcken (SWE)
9 Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino (BLR)
10 Panevezys (LTU)