The draw takes place on Friday 23 February.
13:00CET, Friday 23 February, Nyon
Round of 16 draw
Lazio (ITA) v Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Leipzig (GER) v Zenit (RUS)
Atlético Madrid (ESP) v Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
CSKA Moskva (RUS) v Lyon (FRA)
Marseille (FRA) v Athletic Club (ESP)
Sporting CP (POR) v Plzeň (CZE)
Dortmund (GER) v Salzburg (AUT)
AC Milan (ITA) v Arsenal (ENG)
Was it an open draw?
There was no seeding or country protection. Based on decisions taken by the UEFA Executive Committee, though, teams from Russia and Ukraine could not be drawn together.
In order to implement this, the first pairing to be drawn was the pairing involving Dynamo Kyiv.
- The balls containing the name Dynamo Kyiv, Lokomotiv Moskva, Zenit and CSKA Moskva were set apart.
- The ball containing the name of Dynamo Kyiv was placed first in a large empty bowl.
- Then, another bowl was prepared containing the names of all the clubs eligible to play Dynamo Kyiv (excluding Lokomotiv Moskva, Zenit and CSKA Moskva).
- A ball was drawn from this bowl and placed in the large bowl with Dynamo Kyiv to complete the first pairing. The first team drawn from the large bowl plays its first match at home, against the second team drawn.
- The balls of Lokomotiv Moskva, Zenit and CSKA Moskva were then put into the bowl with the 11 remaining balls and shuffled.
- The balls were drawn one after another to form the pairings. The first team drawn in a pairing plays the first match at home.
When will the games take place?
Games will be played on Thursdays 8 and 15 March at 19:00CET and 21:05CET, with the exact schedule available here.
What are the rest of the dates on the road to Lyon?
16 March: Quarter-final draw, Nyon
5 April: Quarter-finals, first leg
12 April: Quarter-finals, second leg
13 April: Semi-final draw, Nyon
26 April: Semi-finals, first leg
3 May: Semi-finals, second leg
16 May: Final (Stade de Lyon)