The preliminary round consists of 16 teams, with the winners advancing to the first qualifying round.
Article top media content
Preliminary round ties: 20 August
Tre Penne (SMR) vs Gjilani (KOS)
Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) vs Prishtina (KOS)
FC Santa Coloma (AND) vs Iskra Danilovgrad (MNE)
Engordany (AND) vs Zeta (MNE)
Glentoran (NIR) vs HB Tórshavn (FRO)
St Joseph's (GIB) vs B36 Tórshavn (FRO)
Coleraine (NIR) vs La Fiorita (SMR)
NSÍ Runavík (FRO) vs Barry Town United (WAL)
- One-off ties, with extra time and a penalty shoot-out if required.
- Winners advance to the UEFA Europa League first qualifying round.
- All ties will be behind closed doors.
HOW THE DRAW WORKED
Ahead of the draw, the 16 teams were divided equally between seeded and unseeded clubs in accordance with the club coefficient rankings.
The UEFA administration formed groups for the draw to avoid clubs without an approved stadium being drawn against each other, in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.
Lincoln Red Imps (GIB)
FC Santa Coloma (AND)
Tre Penne (SMR)
Iskra Danilovgrad (MNE)
B36 Tórshavn (FRO)
La Fiorita (SMR)
NSÍ Runavík (FRO)
HB Tórshavn (FRO)
St Joseph's (GIB)
Barry Town United (WAL)
- For each group, two pots were prepared, one for the seeded teams and the other for the unseeded teams.
- For each group, the balls containing the names of the seeded teams were placed in one bowl and the balls containing the names of the unseeded teams put into another bowl.
- One ball was taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they were shuffled. The club drawn first plays the single leg of the tie at home if no fixture reversals apply.
- The same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete all the pairings of the first group and then repeated to determine the pairings for the second group.