NK Dinamo Zagreb hope to build on their opening victory over Villarreal CF but have never won in Greece and may not have it all their own way at Group D rivals PAOK FC.
Article top media content
With both sides having started with useful results in UEFA Europa League Group D, PAOK FC play host to NK Dinamo Zagreb looking to continue a three-game unbeaten home run.
• The clubs are meeting for the first time in UEFA club competition and this is also PAOK's first meeting with any team from Croatia.
• Dinamo have played six games against Greek clubs with the record W2 D1 L3 (W0 D0 L3 in Greece, with all of the defeats by two-goal margins).
• PAOK have gone three games unbeaten at home in Europe since losing 1-0 to Vålerenga Fotball in the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League third qualifying round.
• Dinamo won their last European away game 2-0 at Győri ETO FC in the play-off round. They took maximum points from two of their three away trips in the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League group stage.
• Pavlos Dermitzakis started his career as a striker with his local side, Kavala FC, before spending three years at PAOK from 1992 until 1995 and then representing seven more Greek clubs before hanging up his boots in 2000. He coached Ergotelis FC, Atsalenios FC, Diagoras FC and Panthrikakos FC before taking charge at PAOK in 2010.
• Dinamo are coached by Bosnian-born Vahid Halilhodžić, once a striker for Yugoslavia. Having shone at FK Velež, he spent the latter part of his playing career in France with FC Nantes Atlantique – winning the 1982/83 Ligue 1 title – and Paris Saint-Germain FC. He would coach the latter to French Cup success in 2004. The much-travelled coach took the helm at Zagreb in August.
• Halilhodžić took on Greek opposition during his time as LOSC Lille Métropole coach, with his side beating Olympiacos FC 3-1 at home before losing 2-1 in Greece in the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League group stage.