The mission for FC Dinamo Minsk will be to post the first ever win for a Belarusian club against Serie A opponents when they host ACF Fiorentina in Group K.
Article top media content
FC Dinamo Minsk will look to become the first Belarusian club to record a victory against Serie A opposition when they take on ACF Fiorentina in UEFA Europa League Group K.
• Dinamo's record of D1 L1 against Italian teams is par for the course; in ten meetings between the nations' clubs, the record of the Belarusian sides reads D5 L5 (D4 L1 in Belarus). The last three Italian clubs to have visited Belarus have left with draws.
• One of only four teams to have made it from the second qualifying round to the group stage (along with FC Krasnodar, HNK Rijeka and Asteras Tripolis FC), Dinamo have won all three of their European home games this season without conceding.
• Fiorentina are unbeaten in six European away matches (W4 D2).
Trivia and links
• Dinamo made their UEFA group stage debut on matchday one, with their 6-1 loss at PAOK FC matching their worst ever result in European competition – a 5-0 defeat by SV Werder Bremen in the UEFA Cup in October 1995.
• Fiorentina's Marko Marin has started on the bench for the winning side in the last two UEFA Europa League finals, winning it with Chelsea FC (2012/13) and while on loan at Sevilla FC (2013/14). However, he only played in the latter fixture.
• Vladimir Zhuravel won six national titles as a player during two spells with Dinamo, as well as 11 caps for Belarus. Having moved from the pitch to the bench as assistant coach of FC Torpedo Zhodino in 2005, he struck out alone with a three-year spell at FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk before taking command at Dinamo in 2014.
• Fiorentina coach since June 2012, Vincenzo Montella was known as L'Aeroplanino (the Little Aeroplane) because of his modest stature and trademark goal celebration during his time as a striker. He won the Serie A title and two Coppa Italias with AS Roma, whom he later coached along with Calcio Catania.