Having conceded just a goal between them in ten UEFA Europa League games this season (including qualifying), AS Saint-Étienne face FC Internazionale Milano in Group F.
Article top media content
AS Saint-Étienne drew 0-0 with FC Internazionale Milano on matchday three, and the two tightest defences in Group F are now set for more action in their UEFA Europa League rematch.
• St-Étienne and Inter are among five sides who have yet to concede in this season's group stage along with Legia Warszawa, ACF Fiorentina and Torino FC.
• St-Étienne have kicked off the group stage with three 0-0 draws. In their five European games this season, they have scored one goal and conceded one (excluding the goals scored in their play-off penalty shoot-out against Kardemir Karabükspor).
• Inter have yet to concede in five European matches this term, during which they have scored 12 times.
Trivia and links
• Inter's Colombian midfielder Fredy Guarín played for St-Étienne from 2006 until 2008, when he moved on to FC Porto. St-Étienne were his first club in Europe.
• Inter's French midfielder Yann M'Vila is up against three team-mates from his first club, Stade Rennais FC (2009-13): defender Kévin Théophile-Catherine, forward Mevlüt Erdinç and midfielder Fabien Lemoine.
• Théophile-Catherine and Inter's Gary Medel played together in the English Premier League with Cardiff City FC last season.
• A defender for hometown club Olympique de Marseille, LOSC Lille and Toulouse FC among others, St-Étienne boss Christophe Galtier took up his current position in 2009, helping Les Verts to win the 2012/13 French League Cup. He had previously assisted Alain Perrin and Richard Tardy, working in England and Greece as well as France.
• In charge at Inter since May 2013, Walter Mazzarri was a journeyman midfielder who worked his way up the divisions as a coach. After a notable spell at UC Sampdoria, he led SSC Napoli to Coppa Italia glory in 2011/12 and a runners-up finish in Serie A the following season before switching to Inter.