With FC Salzburg, FC Dinamo Moskva, ACF Fiorentina and Legia Warszawa already qualified, UEFA.com explains what else could happen on matchday five.
Article top media content
FC Salzburg, FC Dinamo Moskva, ACF Fiorentina and Legia Warszawa are already through to the UEFA Europa League round of 32 with two group games still to play; UEFA.com looks at who could join them on matchday five.
Villarreal CF (7 pts) v VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach (8)
FC Zürich (4) v Apollon Limassol FC (3)
• Mönchengladbach will win the group with a victory at Villarreal; a draw will ensure qualification if Zürich do not win at home to Apollon.
• Villarreal will qualify with a win at home to Mönchengladbach; a draw will suffice if Zürich-Apollon is also a draw.
• A win will keep Zürich in contention; a defeat will eliminate them, as will a draw if the other game is drawn
• For Apollon, a win will keep them in contention; a defeat will knock them out, as will a draw unless Villarreal lose
Torino FC (7) v Club Brugge KV (8)
HJK Helsinki (3) v FC København (4)
• Club Brugge will win the group with a victory at Torino; a draw will clinch qualification if HJK do not win at home to FCK.
• Torino will qualify with a victory at home to Club Brugge unless FCK win in Helsinki.
• A win will keep FCK in contention; they are out if they pick up fewer points than Torino.
• Only a victory will keep HJK in contention.
Tottenham Hotspur (8) v FK Partizan (1)
Asteras Tripolis FC (4) v Beşiktaş JK (8)
• Tottenham will qualify by beating Partizan; a draw or defeat will also be enough if Asteras fail to win at home to Beşiktaş.
• Beşiktaş will qualify with a draw or better at Asteras.
• Anything other than a win at home to Beşiktaş eliminates Asteras.
• Partizan are eliminated.
Celtic FC (8) v FC Salzburg (10)
FC Astra Giurgiu (1) v GNK Dinamo Zagreb (3)
• Salzburg are already qualified and will rubber-stamp first place with a win at Celtic.
• Success at home to Salzburg will take Celtic through, as will a draw or defeat if Dinamo fail to win at Astra.
• Dinamo need to beat Astra, and hope Celtic fail to overcome Salzburg, to stay in contention.
• Astra are already out.
FC Dinamo Moskva (12) v Panathinaikos FC (1)
Estoril Praia (3) v PSV Eindhoven (7)
• Dinamo Moskva have already qualified and will seal top spot either by defeating Panathinaikos or if PSV fail to win away to Estoril.
• PSV will qualify with a victory or draw at Estoril.
• Estoril must beat PSV to remain in the qualifying chase.
• Panathinaikos are already eliminated.
FC Internazionale Milano (8) v FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (4)
AS Saint-Étienne (4) v Qarabağ FK (4)
• Internazionale require a win at home to Dnipro to secure first place in the group; a draw will make sure of qualification.
• Both Dnipro and St-Étienne cannot qualify or be eliminated whatever the matchday five results.
• Qarabağ will be out if they lose at St-Étienne and Dnipro win or draw at Inter.
HNK Rijeka (4) v R. Standard de Liège (4)
Feyenoord (6) v Sevilla FC (8)
• Sevilla need a win at Feyenoord to advance as group winners; a draw will also take them through if the Rijeka fail to beat Standard.
• A victory against Sevilla will make certain of Feyenoord's qualification if Standard fail to beat Rijeka.
• Standard will be eliminated if they lose at Rijeka and Feyenoord beat Sevilla, or if they lose to Rijeka by a scoreline which gives the Croatian club the head-to-head advantage.
• Rijeka will be out if they succumb to Standard.
FC Krasnodar (2) v LOSC Lille (3)
VfL Wolfsburg (7) v Everton FC (8)
• A victory at Wolfsburg will assure Everton of qualifying as group winners; a draw will also guarantee their progress, as will a defeat if there is no winner in the Krasnodar-LOSC match.
• Wolfsburg will go through with success against Everton; likewise with a draw if LOSC fail to win at Krasnodar.
• Three points in Krasnodar will keep LOSC in contention, as will one if Wolfsburg lose at home to Everton.
• Krasnodar will maintain their hopes by beating LOSC, unless the Wolfsburg-Everton game ends in a draw.
ŠK Slovan Bratislava (0) v BSC Young Boys (6)
AC Sparta Praha (9) v SSC Napoli (9)
• For Sparta, a home victory against Napoli will only ensure qualification if Young Boys fail to win at Slovan; a draw will suffice if Young Boys lose.
• Success at Sparta will take Napoli through as group winners; a draw will also be enough to book qualification, as will a defeat if Young Boys lose to Slovan.
• A win or draw at Slovan will keep Young Boys in the running, as will a defeat if Napoli prevail at Sparta.
• Slovan are eliminated.
Aalborg BK (6) v FC Steaua Bucureşti (7)
FC Dynamo Kyiv (9) v Rio Ave FC (1)
• A victory at home to Rio Ave will confirm Dynamo's qualification, as group winners if the AaB-Steaua match is drawn; a draw will suffice if Steaua triumph in Denmark.
• A win at AaB will send Steaua through.
• AaB will qualify with a win against Steaua if Dynamo lose at home to Rio Ave; defeat will eliminate them if Dynamo do not lose.
• Rio Ave are knocked out.
FC Dinamo Minsk (1) v PAOK FC (4)
EA Guingamp (7) v ACF Fiorentina (10)
• Fiorentina are already qualified and will clinch pole position with a win or draw at Guingamp.
• A victory against Fiorentina will guarantee Guingamp advance if PAOK fail to win at Dinamo Minsk; a draw will also do if PAOK go down to Dinamo.
• PAOK will remain in contention if they match or better Guingamp's result.
• Dinamo Minsk are eliminated.
Trabzonspor AŞ (7) v FC Metalist Kharkiv (0)
KSC Lokeren OV (4) v Legia Warszawa (12)
• Already qualified, Legia will proceed as group winners with victory at Lokeren or if Trabzonspor fail to win at home to Metalist.
• Trabzonspor will qualify with a success against Metalist; a draw will also be enough if Lokeren are unable to overcome Legia.
• A win against Legia will keep Lokeren in the hunt if Trabzonspor fail to beat Metalist, as will a draw if Trabzonspor lose.
• Metalist's chances are over.