Sevilla FC dropped points in their hunt for a top-four spot in Spain and VfL Wolfsburg also drew, while the likes of SSC Napoli and FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk posted big wins.
Article top media content
Sevilla FC may have had one eye on their quarter-final decider with FC Zenit when they could only draw 1-1 with lowly Granada CF on Sunday, the UEFA Europa League holders dropping points like their Russian rivals and fellow last-eight hopefuls VfL Wolfsburg. SSC Napoli and FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk enjoyed commanding wins, meanwhile, and Club Brugge KV caught the eye in Belgium, as UEFA.com recaps.
• Artem Kravets scored twice as FC Dynamo Kyiv won 3-1 at FC Volyn Lutsk to maintain their five-point advantage over FC Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine. Vitaliy Buyalskiy added the other goal for Serhiy Rebrov's men, who are undefeated in 20 league games this season.
• ACF Fiorentina are in action on Monday night against Hellas Verona FC, when Vincenzo Montella's charges will be looking for the win they need to climb into fifth spot above UC Sampdoria.
Fiorentina v Dynamo Kyiv: 23 April (first leg: Dynamo 1-1 Fiorentina)
• Club Brugge KV came from behind to defeat rivals RSC Anderlecht 2-1 in the Belgian championship play-offs. Aleksandar Mitrović put the visitors ahead in the first period, but Obbi Oularé and Ruud Vormer scored within the final 16 minutes to leave the Blauw-Zwart second with a game in hand.
• FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk have now gone six games without defeat in the Ukrainian Premier League after a thumping 5-0 win at FC Olimpik Donetsk. Yevhen Seleznyov struck twice for third-placed Dnipro, who lie eight points behind leaders Dynamo Kyiv.
Dnipro v Club Brugge: 23 April (first leg: Club Brugge 0-0 Dnipro)
• Sevilla FC's push for a UEFA Champions League berth stuttered as they drew 1-1 at struggling Granada CF, the home side's Diego Mainz Garcia registering at both ends. Unbeaten in eight Liga games, Sevilla trail fourth-placed Valencia CF by two points.
• Despite being held to a 0-0 draw at FC Kuban Krasnodar, FC Zenit remain eight points clear of closest rivals FC Krasnodar in the Russian Premier League.
Zenit v Sevilla: 23 April (first leg: Sevilla 2-1 Zenit)
• The Bundesliga's second-placed outfit VfL Wolfsburg were unable to pick up a victory on Sunday as they were held 1-1 by FC Schalke 04. Kevin De Bruyne struck 12 minutes from time to rescue the hosts, who slipped 12 points behind pacesetters FC Bayern München.
• SSC Napoli made it back-to-back 3-0 wins in Serie A courtesy of a comfortable victory at Cagliari Calcio. José Callejón and Manolo Gabbiadini found the net either side of an Antonio Balzano own goal, as the fourth-placed Partenopei climbed within five points of AS Roma.
Napoli v Wolfsburg: 23 April (first leg: Wolfsburg 1-4 Napoli)