Lokomotiv Moskva 1-1 Beşiktaş
Maicon's 54th-minute goal looked to have set the hosts on their way to a third straight Group H victory, but Mario Gomez had other ideas.
Article top media content
- Beşiktaş end Lokomotiv Moskva's 100% Group H record, drawing 1-1 in Russia
- Maicon and Mario Gomez trade goals in space of 11 second-half minutes
- Lokomotiv defender Vedran Ćorluka sent off after 69 minutes
- Turkish visitors stay second in the section, two points behind their hosts
- The teams meet again at Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadium on 5 November
Lokomotiv Moskva dropped their first points in this season's UEFA Europa League group stage as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Beşiktaş.
Maicon put the hosts in front with a fierce close-range shot nine minutes after the break, but Mario Gomez was quick to rack up his 41st goal in UEFA club competition and draw the visitors level.
Delvin N'Dinga's speculative attempt for Lokomotiv was all either team had to show for their first-half efforts, but Beşiktaş had their first real opportunity just a minute after the restart, Gökhan Töre skewing his effort wide.
Baye Oumar Niasse, an isolated figure for much of the opening 45 minutes, had two chances early in the second period. Though he took neither, he did play a significant role in the breakthrough, racing clear down the left before squaring for Maicon, who took a touch and rifled past Tolga Zengin.
Lokomotiv's lead lasted all of ten minutes, however, Gomez finishing precisely from just outside the area. The Russian team's night took another turn for the worse when Vedran Ćorluka was dismissed, but they did at least hang on for a result which keeps them top of Group H.