Lazio 3-1 Galatasaray (agg: 4-2)
Marco Parolo's header heralded a flurry of second-half goals, Miroslav Klose's finish ultimately leaving the visitors with too much to do.
Article top media content
- Marco Parolo and Felipe Anderson score in three second-half minutes for hosts
- Yasin Öztekin responds within seconds for lively visitors
- Substitute Miroslav Klose restores two-goal lead with neatly worked third
- Apply for tickets for the UEFA Europa League final at Basel's St. Jakob-Park
- The round of 16 draw takes place on Friday, streamed live from 13.00CET
A flurry of goals around the hour mark favoured Lazio, as they forged on to complete a comfortable UEFA Europa League round of 32 second-leg win against Galatasaray.
Fortified by an away goal following the 1-1 draw in the first leg in Istanbul, Lazio might have put the tie beyond their guests early on. Sergej Milinković-Savić headed straight at Fernando Muslera from a corner before Muslera brushed Lucas Biglia's powerful drive over the bar at the end of a slow first period.
With heavy rain falling in Rome, Galatasaray showed more urgency in the second half, yet still went 2-0 behind in the space of three minutes, Marco Parolo's 59th-minute header from a Biglia corner swiftly followed by a side-footed finish for Felipe Anderson after Lazio slashed open the visitors' defence. Cimbom rallied within seconds, though, Yasin Öztekin racing through to flick the ball inside Federico Marchetti's left-hand post.
Hope was soon extinguished, however; sent on to torment a tiring defence, substitute Miroslav Klose had already gone close once before Ştefan Radu's pass invited him to plant the ball low past Muslera.