ACF Fiorentina are already certain of top spot in UEFA Europa League Group K as they play host to FC Dinamo Minsk, who are hoping to sign off with a Belarusian first on matchday six.
Article top media content
ACF Fiorentina will look to extend their unbeaten run in the UEFA Europa League as they take on FC Dinamo Minsk, who are destined to finish bottom of Group K.
• Fiorentina are certain to finish top and be seeded in the round of 32 draw.
• Dinamo will finish bottom of the table regardless of their matchday six result.
• Alberto Aquilani, Josip Iličič and Federico Bernardeschi scored as Fiorentina won 3-0 in Belarus when these sides met on matchday two.
• Dinamo lost 4-1 to SS Lazio on their only previous visit to Italy, in the first round of the 1994/95 UEFA Cup.
• Fiorentina are unbeaten in Europe this season (W4 D1); Dinamo have not won in Group K (D1 L4) and have not scored in their last four European fixtures.
• No Belarusian side has beaten an Italian outfit in 11 UEFA club competition games (D5 L6); moreover, no Belarusian team has scored in Italy in four matches since Dinamo's aforementioned 4-1 loss at Lazio.
Trivia and links
• Dinamo defender Dmitri Molosh turns 33 on the eve of matchday six.
• Fiorentina's Marko Marin started on the bench for the winning side in the last two UEFA Europa League finals, winning it with Chelsea FC (2012/13) and while on loan at Sevilla FC (2013/14). However, he only played in the latter fixture.
• Fiorentina coach since June 2012, Vincenzo Montella was known as L'Aeroplanino (the Little Aeroplane) because of his modest stature and trademark goal celebration during his time as a striker. He won the Serie A title and two Coppa Italias with AS Roma, whom he later coached along with Calcio Catania.
• Vladimir Zhuravel won six national titles as a player during two spells with Dinamo, as well as 11 caps for Belarus. Having moved from the pitch to the bench as assistant coach of FC Torpedo Zhodino in 2005, he struck out alone with a three-year spell at FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk before taking command at Dinamo in 2014.