UEFA Europa League group stage regulars FC Metalist Kharkiv will aim to recover from a slow start in Group L as they welcome the undisputed top dogs Legia Warszawa.
Article top media content
FC Metalist Kharkiv will look to get their first points on the board in UEFA Europa League Group L as section leaders Legia Warszawa make the trip to Lviv.
• With victories in both of their opening Group L fixtures, Legia have already won twice as many games as they did in last season's UEFA Europa League group stage.
• Metalist have not conceded in two previous meetings with Polish opponents (W1 D1).
• Legia have won four of their last five UEFA away games – the exception being a 3-0 default defeat at Celtic FC in this season's UEFA Champions League third qualifying round.
• Metalist have scored once in each of their last three European home fixtures, with those three goals featuring in a win, a draw and – most recently – a defeat.
Trivia and links
• Against Legia, Metalist midfielder Edmar can make his 50th UEFA club competition appearance.
• Legia's dream is to feature in the UEFA Europa League final in their home city; the tournament will conclude at the National Stadium, Warsaw, on 27 May 2015.
• Metalist can perhaps lay claim to the most spectacular goal in the history of the UEFA Europa League group stage: Taison's remarkable volley against Rosenborg BK on 8 November 2012.
• Ihor Rakhaiev represented Metalist as a midfielder in the 1990s and returned to the club in 2006 after a couple of spells as FC Arsenal Kharkiv coach. Born in Kharkiv, he was a youth coach and assistant to Myron Markevych at Metalist before taking sole command following his boss's departure in February 2014.
• Henning Berg took charge of Legia at the start of 2014. The former Blackburn Rovers FC, Manchester United FC and Rangers FC defender was capped 100 times by Norway. As a coach, he has held the reins at FK Lyn, Lillestrøm SK and – for just 57 days – Blackburn.
• Berg was last in Ukraine in June 2001, when he featured as a player in Norway's 0-0 FIFA World Cup qualifying draw against the national team.