The draw for the first qualifying round was made on 18 June.
Article top media content
First qualifying round draw
Malmö (SWE) v Ballymena (NIR)*
Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL) v Kilmarnock (SCO)
Breidablik (ISL) v Vaduz (LIE)
Brann (NOR) v Shamrock Rovers (IRL)
Vitebsk (BLR) v KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
Ordabasy Shymkent (KAZ) v Torpedo Kutaisi (GEO)
Europa (GIB)* v Legia (POL)
Gzira United (MLT) v Hajduk Split (CRO)
Radnicki Niš (SRB) v Flora (EST)
CSKA Sofia (BUL) v Titograd (MNE)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR) v Mura (SVN)
Debrecen (HUN) v Kukësi (ALB)
Jeunesse Esch (LUX) v Tobol Kostanay (KAZ)
FCSB (ROU) v Milsami Orhei (MDA)
Čukarički (SRB) v Banants (ARM)
Levski Sofia (BUL) v Ružomberok (SVK)
Akademija Pandev (MKD) v Zrinjski (BIH)
FK Zeta (MNE) v Fehérvár (HUN)
Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR) v Hibernians (MLT)
Neftçi (AZE) v Speranta Nisporeni (MDA)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) v Rīgas FS (LVA)
Budapest Honvéd (HUN) v Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU)
Radnik Bijeljina (BIH) v Spartak Trnava (SVK)
Fola Esch (LUX) v Chikhura Sachkhere (GEO)
Alashkert (ARM) v Makedonija Skopje (MKD)
Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) v Engordany (AND)*
Široki Brijeg (BIH) v Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
Kauno Žalgiris (LTU) v Apollon Limassol (CYP)
Ventspils (LVA) v Teuta (ALB)
Cracovia Kraków (POL) v DAC 1904 Dunajská Streda (SVK)
Stjarnan (ISL) v Levadia Tallinn (EST)
Cliftonville (NIR)* v Haugesund (NOR)
Riteriai (LTU) v KÍ (FRO)*
Dinamo Minsk (BLR) v Liepāja (LVA)
Norrköping (SWE) v Saint Patrick's (IRL)
Aberdeen (SCO) v RoPS Rovaniemi (FIN)
Domžale (SVN) v Balzan (MLT)
Laçi (ALB) v Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR)
Budućnost Podgorica (MNE) v Narva Trans (EST)
Sabail (AZE) v U Craiova 1948 (ROU)
Pyunik (ARM) v Shkupi (MKD)
AEK Larnaca (CYP) v Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA)
Seeded sides in bold
* Preliminary round winners
- The draw took place at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland. The ceremony began at 15:30 CEST on Tuesday 18 June.
- As laid down in paragraphs 13.03 and 13.04 of the 2019/20 UEFA Europa League regulations, the UEFA administration formed groups and seeded clubs for the first qualifying round in accordance with the club rankings established at the beginning of the season and with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.
- The 94 teams (87 directly qualified and 7 pairs of teams from the preliminary round) were divided into seven groups (groups 1 to 7) of ten teams and two groups (groups 8 to 9) of 12 teams.
- Within the nine groups, the 94 teams were divided equally as 47 seeded teams and 47 unseeded teams. If any club in the preliminary round had an individual coefficient that entitled it to be seeded in the first qualifying round, the winner of the preliminary round match involving that club was automatically seeded for the first qualifying-round draw.
- Teams from the same association could not be drawn against each other.
11 July: first leg
18 July: second leg
Tie winners advance to the UEFA Europa League second qualifying round.
Clubs' coefficients are now determined EITHER by the sum of all points won in the previous five years OR by the association coefficient over the same period – WHICHEVER IS THE HIGHER (under a new system introduced for 2018/19 onwards).
The draw results are provisional and are subject to the outcome of ongoing investigations and/or legal proceedings and final confirmation by UEFA.