The third qualifying round now consists of two paths: champions and main.
11:30CET & 14:00CET, 23 July, Nyon
Third qualifying round draw: 23 July, Nyon (matches 9 & 16 August)
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) v Zrinjski (BIH)
Legia Warszawa (POL) v F91 Dudelange (LUX)
Alashkert (ARM) v CFR Cluj (ROU)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) v HJK Helsinki (FIN)
Sheriff (MDA) v Valur Reykjavík (ISL)
Cork City (IRL) v Rosenborg (NOR)
Spartaks Jūrmala (LVA) v Sūduva (LTU)
The New Saints (WAL) v Midtjylland (DEN)
Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) v APOEL (CYP)
Torpedo Kutaisi (GEO) v Kukës (ALB)
Seeded teams in bold
- The ten teams eliminated from the UEFA Champions League second qualifying round champions path were seeded and drawn against the other ten contenders.
Pyunik (ARM) v Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR)
Dinamo Minsk (BLR) v Zenit (RUS)
Sturm Graz (AUT) v AEK Larnaca (CYP)
Sarpsborg (NOR) v HNK Rijeka (CRO)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR) v Burnley (ENG)
Zorya Luhansk (UKR) v Braga (POR)
Hapoel Haifa (ISR) v Atalanta (ITA)
Genk (BEL) v Lech Poznań (POL)
Vitesse (NED) v Basel (SUI)
Nordsjælland (DEN) v Partizan (SRB)
Hibernian (SCO) v Molde (NOR)
Hajduk Split (CRO) v FCSB (ROU)
Sevilla (ESP) v Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU)
Sigma Olomouc (CZE) v Kairat Almaty (KAZ)
Slovan Bratislava (SVK) v Rapid Wien (AUT)
Mariupol (UKR) v Bordeaux (FRA)
CSKA-Sofia (BUL) v København (DEN)
Olympiacos (GRE) v Luzern (SUI)
Rangers (SCO) v Maribor (SVN)
Trenčín (SVK) v Feyenoord (NED)
Jagiellonia Białystok (POL) v Gent (BEL)
Spartak Subotica (SRB) v Brøndby (DEN)
Ufa (RUS) v Progrès Niederkorn (LUX)
Beşiktaş (TUR) v LASK (AUT)
Apollon Limassol (CYP) v Dinamo Brest (BLR)
Leipzig (GER) v U Craiova (ROU)
Seeded teams in bold
- Clubs were ranked according to their coefficient (teams from ties yet to be played always take the coefficient of the seeded team in such cases) and are further split into seeding groups.
- Every side in each seeding group was allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded teams' numbers were placed into one bowl, with balls for the unseeded teams' numbers (within the same sub-category of clubs) placed in another.
- A ball was taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, to be shuffled.
- The clubs whose numbers corresponded to the first ball drawn play their first leg at home, against those sides whose numbers matched the next ball drawn. The result of this draw applied to groups 1 to 4.
- The same procedure took place for group 5, with balls containing the seeded teams' numbers (1–6) placed into one bowl and balls for the unseeded teams' numbers (7–12) in another. The draw then proceeded as outlined above.
Clubs' coefficients are now determined EITHER by the sum of all points won in the previous five years OR by the association coefficient over the same period – WHICHEVER IS THE HIGHER (under a new system introduced for 2018/19 onwards).