FC Schalke 04 and Chelsea FC won 5-0 in the UEFA Youth League but the goals were more evenly shared at Paris Saint-Germain in a thriller against FC Barcelona.
Article top media content
FC Schalke 04 and Chelsea FC were the big winners on matchday two of the UEFA Youth League, while PFC CSKA Moskva upset FC Bayern München. The game of the day took place in France, however, where Paris Saint-Germain's meeting with FC Barcelona witnessed four goals, woodwork hit and a 98th-minute penalty.
PFC CSKA Moskva 3-1 FC Bayern München
• Nikita Chernov's spot kick (26) and a Timur Zhamaletdinov strike set the Army Men on their way, Aleksandr Golovin setting up Aleksandr Makarov for CSKA's third after a goal from Lucas-Julian Scholl – son of Mehmet – had given Bayern hope.
Manchester City FC 2-1 AS Roma
• Oliver Ntcham was the inspiration as City recovered from a goal down to triumph, cancelling out Francesco Di Mariano's 54th-minute effort before setting up Thierry Ambrose for a superb winner into the top-right corner.
APOEL FC 0-0 AFC Ajax
• Substitute Samet Bulut missed a glorious chance to snatch victory at the death for a dominant Ajax team as the home side, cheered on by a sizeable crowd, held on for a point.
Paris Saint-Germain 2-2 FC Barcelona
• Mohamed El Ouriachi kept his cool to convert a 98th-minute penalty as holders Barcelona recovered from 2-0 down to leave Paris, who were twice denied by the woodwork, with plenty to rue.
FC Schalke 04 5-0 NK Maribor
• Maurice Multhaup's powerful free-kick opened the floodgates, and he then teed up Joseph Boyamba for two first-half goals. Maribor changed things at the break, yet could not stop substitute Felix Platte scoring two more.
Sporting Clube de Portugal 0-5 Chelsea FC
• Charlie Colkett broke the deadlock from the spot inside three minutes and Chelsea were 4-0 up by the half-hour mark. Tammy Abraham completed the rout in the first minute of the second half.
FC BATE Borisov 1-2 Athletic Club
• Substitute Artur Tishko (70) came on to cancel out Gorka Guruzeta's first-half opener for the visitors, only for Asier Villalibre to grab a late clincher for Athletic.