Holders France are in Pot 1 for the elite round draw at 11.45CET on 3 December with Germany, Russia, Spain, England, the Czech Republic, Portugal and the Republic of Ireland.
Article top media content
Holders France are among the eight teams in Pot A after the seedings were confirmed for the UEFA European Under-17 Championship elite round draw at 11.45CET on 3 December.
• There are four seeding pots in accordance with the coefficient ranking list, with the eight countries with the highest coefficients in Pot A (including Germany, who received a bye through the qualifying round), the next eight in Pot B, and so on.
Pot A: Germany, Russia, Spain, France (holders), England, Czech Republic, Portugal, Republic of Ireland
Pot B: Croatia, Ukraine, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pot C: Israel, Switzerland, Greece, Sweden, Serbia, Turkey, Italy, Slovakia
Pot D: Iceland, Georgia, Finland, Scotland, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Wales
• No group winners from the qualifying round can play the runners-up from the same section.
• Due to previous decisions by the UEFA Executive Committee and UEFA Emergency Committee, Russia cannot meet Ukraine.
• Each group will comprise one side from each pot, with the hosts then appointed to hold the mini-tournaments, which must be completed by 3 April.
• The eight group winners and the seven runners-up with the best records against the teams first and third in their section will join hosts Azerbaijan in the finals from 5 to 21 May.