Derby day on the opening night of Group D begins with Portugal making their major tournament debut against Spain.
Article top media content
• Portugal are making their major tournament debut against neighbours Spain, in a Group D opener followed by another derby, England v Scotland.
• The Iberian rivals had never met competitively before being drawn together in qualifying for UEFA Women's EURO 2017.
• In December 2015 in Badajoz, Spain won 2-0 with first-half goals from Vicky Losada and Sonia Bermúdez.
• In April 2016, Spain then triumphed 4-1 in Covilha. Virginia Torrecilla and Alexia Putellas gave the visitors a 2-0 half-time lead, and although Dolores Silva pulled one back, Amanda Sampedro and Verónica Boquete scored in the last three minutes for Spain.
• The teams had previously met twice in friendlies. On 5 February 1994, Spain won 1-0 in Chaves but exactly 11 years earlier it was 1-0 to Portugal in La Guardia.
• Portugal's Raquel Infante is based in Spain with Levante.