Russia and Germany end Group B in Utrecht with a swift rematch from qualifying.
Article top media content
• Holders Germany will be assured of a last-eight place with a point after following up a 0-0 draw against Sweden with a 2-1 victory over Italy.
• Russia also beat Italy 2-1, but lost 2-0 to Sweden and must beat Germany to reach the quarter-finals.
• These teams met in qualifying, Germany winning 4-0 away and 2-0 at home. Leonie Maier scored in both games.
• In competitive matches, Germany have a perfect record of nine victories against Russia.
• Among that number is a 5-0 success in the 2001 group stage in which current coaches Steffi Jones and Elena Fomina both played.
• Germany's 9-0 triumph in September 2013 in a FIFA Women's World Cup qualifier remains Russia's record margin of defeat.
• In the return fixture a year later Germany won 4-1 in Moscow, the sides' most recent encounter.
• In all 19 games including friendlies, Germany are unbeaten against Russia, having won 17 times and drawn twice.
• That statistic includes West Germany's 3-0 friendly victory over the Soviet Union in August 1990.
• The goal count is 67-8 in Germany's favour.