|Attempts on target||27||22|
• Austria were the only one of the five tournament debutants to make it to the quarter-finals, beating Switzerland 1-0, holding France 1-1 and defeating Iceland 3-0 to top Group C.
• Spain were second in Group D despite following their 2-0 victory over Portugal by losing 2-0 to England and 1-0 against Scotland. They were second ahead of Scotland and Portugal on three-way head-to-head goal difference, therefore keeping up their record of always getting past the group stage as runners-up after 1997 and 2013.
• Spain advanced to the quarter-finals in 2013, losing 3-1 to Norway. They reached the semis in 1997 when eight teams competed in the group stage and there was no quarter-final round.
• Spain and Austria met for the first time in 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup qualfiying. Spain won 2-0 at home and 1-0 away in the space of six days in October 2009 but both teams finished behind England in the group. Spain and Austria are also matched in 2019 World Cup qualifying.
• Since 2009 they have played twice in friendles in Spain, the home side winning 4-1 in February 2012. It ended in a 2-2 draw in February 2015.
• Austria's Nina Burger, Laura Feiersinger, Virginia Kirchberger and Sarah Zadrazil are one booking from missing the semi-finals, as are Spain's Leila Ouahabi, Irene Paredes and Andrea Pereira.
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.