We continue our countdown to the UEFA Champions League final by looking at the nine different clubs who have won it this century – could Juventus become No10?
Article top media content
1999/2000: Real Madrid CF
• Vicente del Bosque's side outclassed Valencia CF in the first one-nation final, having overcome the likes of FC Bayern München and Manchester United FC en route to Paris.
2000/01: FC Bayern München
• Bayern's 25-year wait came to an end at the expense of Valencia – runners-up for the second successive season – with goalkeeper Oliver Kahn their hero in the final.
Bayern have since gone on to win the 2012/13 title.
2002/03: AC Milan
• Bayern, Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and city rivals FC Internazionale Milano were all scalped before a penalty shoot-out triumph over Juventus in the Old Trafford showpiece.
Milan also went on to win the 2006/07 title.
2003/04: FC Porto
• A year after lifting the UEFA Cup, José Mourinho's men landed Europe's biggest club prize, beating AS Monaco FC after eliminating Manchester United FC in sensational style in the last 16.
2004/05: Liverpool FC
• Istanbul saw the most dramatic final of modern times. Three down at half-time to AC Milan, Liverpool forced extra time and, after spot kicks, were ultimately crowned champions.
2005/06: FC Barcelona
• Arsenal FC goalkeeper Jens Lehmann was the first player sent off in a European Cup final as Barça came from behind to claim the trophy for the first time in 14 years.
2007/08: Manchester United FC
• After Cristiano Ronaldo and Frank Lampard traded goals in 90 minutes, Chelsea FC's John Terry slipped when given the chance to convert the clincher in the shoot-out and United capitalised.
2009/10: FC Internazionale Milano
• A classic Mourinho backs-against-the-wall effort against Barcelona in the last four set up a final against Bayern which the Nerazzurri won thanks to two Diego Milito goals.
2011/12: Chelsea FC
• The Londoners secured their first European Cup with Roberto Di Matteo in caretaker charge. Didier Drogba struck the decisive penalty against Bayern with his final touch before leaving the club.