Åge Hareide admits Malmö FF were "taught a lesson" by Club Atlético de Madrid last time but hopes a few "crazy Swedes" will give his side wings in Tuesday's home return.
Article top media content
• Åge Hareide says Malmö were "taught a lesson" by Atlético on matchday three
• The Rojiblancos ran out 5-0 winners, the game having been goalless at half-time
• Hareide praises the Malmö fans, saying "they give us more energy"
• Diego Simeone believes his team have more attacking options this season
• The Spanish side have won seven of their last eight matches
Malmö: Olsen; Tinnerholm, Helander, Johansson, Ricardinho; Eriksson, Halsti, Adu; Forsberg, Kiese Thelin, Rosenberg.
• Out: none
Atlético: Moyà; Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Siqueira; Gabi, Mario Suárez, Koke; Arda Turan, Griezmann, Mandžukić.
• Out: Ansaldi (back)
Åge Hareide, Malmö coach
One of our biggest tasks [after losing 5-0 on matchday three] is to retain our energy. I'm not sure that we will be able to do that. I hope so but I don't know – we will see tomorrow. Maybe we will play 3-5-2, maybe we will play 4-4-2. What we have to do is to be closer. Hopefully we have the energy for that.
We are not used to opposition like Atlético. We were taught a lesson in Madrid. We were taught that it is not enough to have players on the right side of the ball. We have to be closer to the ball. Me and the players learnt a lot. Malmö's crowd is fantastic. I didn't know there were this many crazy Swedes. The crowd gives us more energy.
Diego Simeone, Atlético coach
In pre-season we really worked on our attacking combinations, using many players and mixtures. Consequently, this term we have plenty of options whereas last year we relied on [Diego] Costa and Koke. This year we have many more players that can have an impact offensively, more players know each other.
We are happy to hear Åge Hareide say we're the best team in the group, we appreciate that. And tomorrow we want to show that he is right. But I know that Malmö need the win and will fight for the points. They have good players and will give us a big test. It is a tough group. It is important not to underestimate anyone and whatever happens tomorrow it will not be over.
Form guide (all competitions)
• Which future Spain coach scored in both legs when Atlético defeated Malmö 5-1 on aggregate in the first round of the 1966/67 European Champion Clubs' Cup? Find out in our extensive match background.