COVID-19 guidance for your EURO 2020 match
Reducing the risk of a COVID-19 infection is our shared responsibility so we’ve implemented some new rules to help protect you and other football fans.
We hope you're excited for your matchday at Hampden Park, but remember this won't be your usual stadium visit and we want to make sure this a safe and comfortable experience for all. Staff onsite will remind you and guide you through the measures in place.
When attending a match at Hampden Park:
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres to other fans.
- Wear a face mask - the mask has to cover your mouth and nose at all times. We recommend you bring additional masks just in case.
- Arrive at the stadium within your allocated 30-minute entry time slot.
- Don’t occupy any other seat than the one on your ticket.
- Wash and disinfect your hands frequently. You can find sanitiser stations throughout the stadium.
- Don’t shake hands. Avoid hugs, high fives and any close contact with others.
- Stay in your seat during half-time and limit your movements to and from your seat as much as possible.Always follow the signs indicating which way to go.
- Don’t come to the stadium if you feel unwell or experience any symptoms of COVID-19.
All fans will be required to acknowledge that they've read and understood the full Code of Conduct.Download the full code of conduct
Arriving at the stadium
Entering the stadium will be a little different at UEFA EURO 2020 to what you may be used to.
Each of the 11 venues have their own health and safety measures and requirements for entry may differ across the host cities.
Requirements for stadium entry at Hampden Park:
Before you head to the stadium, make sure you have your mobile match ticket, your passport or ID card, as well as your face mask. (Check out our Matchday checklist for more tips on what to pack!)
To keep everyone safe, we have created entry time slots for every ticket holder. You will have a 30-minute window to arrive at the stadium. These slots have been created so that we can follow social distancing guidelines and we strongly recommend you follow them for a stress-free arrival.
Check back closer to your match to find out more about your allocated entry time slot. Also keep your eyes peeled on your inbox for an email from our ticketing team.
Hampden Park will allow 12,000 fans inside the stadium. That's about 25% of the full capacity.
What we're doing to keep you safe
Our main priority is to deliver a safe UEFA EURO 2020 for everyone, which is why we’re working with the local governments and health authorities to ensure our measures adhere to the public health guidance of the host country.
- A diligent cleaning regime will be reinforced. Highly frequented touchpoints such as door handles, handrails or counters will be disinfected regularly throughout the matchday. The entire stadium is cleaned on a regular basis before, during and after your visit. Over 800 hand sanitiser units across the stadium will make it easy for everyone to follow recommended hygiene practices.
- Cashless transactions - all venues will accept card payments, many via contactless payment, to further reduce shared contact.
- We’re implementing queuing management in front of lifts, concessions and other facilities. Clear floor markings help with direction and movement.
- Education of staff - our Volkswagen Mobility Makers and everyone else working at the venue will have received extensive training to ensure we can deliver a safe and comfortable event according to best practice and government guidelines. This also includes providing all workforce with the necessary protective equipment such as face masks and gloves as required. All mitigation measures will be promoted heavily throughout the stadium so that everyone is aware of the rules.
Let me give you a top tip
If you’re unsure about something our UEFA EURO 2020 volunteers, the Volkswagen Mobility Makers, are there to help. They will have info points across the city of Glasgow and at Hampden Park.
We will continue to update this section over the upcoming weeks, so check back for more information soon.
🧳 General / travel-related questions
If you’re travelling from abroad, remember you will have to comply with the border entry restrictions and requirements enforced in Scotland at the time.
Please also be aware that all non-essential international travel and travel from the rest of the UK is not currently permitted.
Rules that are in place now may change closer to the tournament.
We encourage you to take those restrictions and requirements into consideration when deciding whether to return your tickets or keep them.
This will differ across the 11 UEFA EURO 2020 venues, based on the local health regulations. At Hampden Park in Glasgow, 12,000 fans will be allowed inside for each match, corresponding to 25% of the stadium capacity.
For any questions about your match ticket, please visit the Ticket FAQs.
🏟️ Stadium entry
Ticket holders for matches at Hampden Park will not be required to present a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination to attend their match.
A COVID-19 test centre is not foreseen at Hampden Park.
Wearing a face mask is mandatory onsite at all times. The mask has to cover your mouth and nose.
You can safely take if off while you’re seated to eat or drink. We recommend you bring additional masks just in case.
If you're exempt from wearing a mask for medical reasons, you will not need to wear one at the stadium. You must be in possession of a doctor's certificate proving your exemption. Please be ready to show it upon entry and also to security staff in the stadium as required.
Dedicated entry time slots will be in place that indicate the time you should arrive at your entrance for a stress-free arrival. Be sure to check which entry time slot you've been assigned so you can plan your journey to the stadium accordingly. This means you may need to travel to the stadium earlier than you're used to.
For the end of the game, the venues are currently looking at how they will approach the stadium exit procedure. Any procedures that are different to usual matchdays will be outlined on this page closer to the tournament.