SSC Napoli will look to keep their current unbeaten home run going and gain revenge on BSC Young Boys for a matchday three loss as the sides meet again in Group I.
Article top media content
SSC Napoli will look to gain swift revenge for a 2-0 defeat at BSC Young Boys as the Swiss side head south in UEFA Europa League Group I.
• Napoli are unbeaten in seven European home games (W5 D2) since a shock 3-0 loss to FC Viktoria Plzeň in the 2012/13 UEFA Europa League round of 32.
• Young Boys won their only previous away game in Italy, beating Udinese Calcio 3-2 on 8 November 2012 on matchday four of the 2012/13 group stage.
• Napoli have yet to bow out of Europe at the end of a UEFA group stage in four previous campaigns.
Trivia and links
• Young Boys defender Scott Sutter will make his 50th UEFA club competition appearance if he is fielded in Naples.
• Young Boys defender Steve von Bergen played in Italy with AC Cesena, Genoa CFC and US Città di Palermo. For the two months that he was on the books at Genoa – in the summer of 2012 – he was a team-mate of Napoli's Giandomenico Mesto.
• Napoli coach since May 2013, Rafael Benítez won two Spanish titles and the 2003/04 UEFA Cup with Valencia CF, the 2004/05 UEFA Champions League with Liverpool FC and the 2012/13 UEFA Europa League with Chelsea FC. The Spaniard lifted the Coppa Italia in his first Napoli campaign.
• With over 150 UEFA club competition games to his name, Benítez is the most experienced coach in the group stage. One of just three coaches to have won this competition twice, he could yet join Giovanni Trapattoni as only the second to get his hands on the trophy three times.
• A one-time central defender, Young Boys coach Uli Forte is enjoying his first foray in Europe. Having moved into coaching as player-manager at FC Red Star Zürich, he took charge of FC Wil 1900, FC St Gallen and Grasshopper Club before taking command at Young Boys in 2013.