UEFA.com works better on other browsers
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Wisla turn on the style

TS Wisla Kraków 6-1 NK Primorje (Agg: 8-1) Maciej Zurawski stars as Wisla show their class.

TS Wisla Kraków completd a comprehensive 8-1 aggregate triumph against NK Primorje with a 6-1 win in Krakow in the second leg of their UEFA Cup first round tie.

Primorje spring surprise
The Polish side did not initially have it all their own way, and were stung into action after 12 minutes as their Slovenian visitors stunned the home crowd by opening the scoring as defender Sani Trgo converted Mitja Zatkovic’s pass. However, the lead lasted a mere four minutes before Wisla hit back from the penalty spot through Maciej Zurawski after Trgo was adjudged to have handled.

Second-half onslaught
The Polish side upped the tempo after half-time and were rewarded with two goals in the opening ten minutes of the second half. Zurawski turned provider in the 51st minute, as his well-flighted corner set up Kalu Uche to give Wisla the lead on the night and it was 3-1 four minutes later, Zurawski again providing the assist for Mariusz Jop to score.

Goal glut
Wisla appeared temporarily satisfied with a 5-1 aggregate scoreline, and the next portion of the game was a sedate affair. However, Wisla increased the pace once more in the final 20 minutes of the match, with Zurawski again at the heart of it. On 73 minutes, he converted Kamil Kosowski’s pass, and a minute later, his blocked shot fell to Pawel Brozek, who scored from the rebound.

Final score
The scoring was complete six minutes from time, as Maciej Stolarczyk combined with Pawel Strak to score his side’s sixth of the night and eighth overall.

'Quick football'
”In the first half we played too slowly and Primorje took advantage of it,” said Wisla coach Henryk Kasperczak after the game. “In the second half we started to play quick football and we scored five goals.”

'The home side dominated'
Primorje coach Adrijan Fegic praised his players’ efforts but admitted Wisla had just been too strong. “In the first half we tried to compete with Wisla but then we lost strength and the home side dominated,” he said.