UEFA.com works better on other browsers
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Austria, Barcelona, Chelsea and Schalke win again

Chelsea FC, FC Barcelona, FC Schalke 04 and FK Austria Wien made it six points out of six as matchday two of the UEFA Youth League kicked off with seven fixtures.

Alex Kiwomya scored twice for Chelsea
Alex Kiwomya scored twice for Chelsea ©Getty Images

Group E
FC Basel 1893 0-5 FC Schalke 04
Schalke's dominant start was rewarded inside 11 minutes by Adis Omerbašić. One soon became two thanks to Florian Pick, who then increased the Royal Blues' lead in the early stages of the second half. Any Basel hopes of setting up a nervy last 20 minutes for the visitors disappeared when Samuele Campo struck the woodwork from the spot. Tim Bodenröder compounded Basel's misery with two goals in the last ten minutes.

FC Steaua Bucureşti 0-4 Chelsea FC
Comprehensive winners on matchday one, Dermot Drummy's team produced another emphatic performance. John Swift got the ball rolling after 27 minutes and teed up Alexander Kiwomya to score six minutes into the second half. Swift stretched the away side's advantage with a stylish individual effort and Kiwomya added the final flourish two minutes from time.

Group F
Borussia Dortmund 5-2 Olympique de Marseille
Dortmund claimed their first points and in the process condemned Marseille to a second defeat, though OM asked more questions of the Schwarzgelben than the result might suggest. Nico Knystock and Manuel Greshake made it 2-0 with close-range finishes before the midway point of the first half. Cihan Yildiz, a 58th-minute substitute, then got on the scoresheet with two near identical tap-ins, either side of Fode Guirassy reducing the French team's arrears. When Yildiz assisted Jeremy Dudziak for Dortmund's fifth it was all over. Guirassy had the last say, though, converting the rebound after his penalty was saved by Steffen Göcke.

Group G
FC Zenit 0-3 FK Austria Wien
Nikola Zivotic's ninth-minute opener heralded the visitors' second consecutive victory. Sascha Horvath scored a second shortly after the hour with a classy run and finish, before Valentin Grubeck completed the formalities. "We got our tactics spot on, were positive going forward and deserved the win," Austria Wien coach Herbert Gager told UEFA.com.

FC Porto 3-1 Club Atlético de Madrid
The contest was just eight minutes old when André Silva finished smartly after taking receipt of Francisco Ramos's pass. João Graça extended the advantage from the spot after Ivo Rodrigues had been upended in the area, and Silva rounded off the first-half scoring. Atlético emerged rejuvenated after the break and were rewarded for their endeavour when Ivi found the net with a free-kick on the stroke of full time.

Group H
Celtic FC 1-2 FC Barcelona
Two goals from Toni Sanabria, the second a free-kick with seven minutes left, earned Barcelona three points. Sanabria's first just before the quarter-hour mark was created by a ball over the top of the Celtic defence from the impressive Enguene, who received warm applause from the crowd when substituted late on. The hosts, after good work from Lewis Kidd on the right side of the penalty box, equalised early in the second half through Denny Johnstone, but Sanabria's set-piece prowess ensured the victory was Barça's.

Selected for you