AS Monaco FC, Arsenal FC, Club Atlético de Madrid and Real Madrid CF made it two wins out of two while FC Basel 1893 struck twice at the death to defeat Liverpool FC.
Article top media content
Both Madrid clubs, plus AS Monaco FC and Arsenal FC, recorded second wins as matchday two of the UEFA Youth League continued. For drama, the place to be was Basel, where the home team turned a 2-1 deficit against Liverpool FC with three minutes remaining into an unlikely 3-2 triumph.
Club Atlético de Madrid 1-0 Juventus
• Roberto Nuñez registered the only goal of the game following Fede Prieto's quickly taken free-kick on 29 minutes. Juventus threatened down the wings but finished with ten men after Mattia Vitale saw red late on.
Malmö FF 1-3 Olympiacos FC
• Captain Nikos Vergos scored twice and had a second-half spot kick saved by Sixten Mohlin, Malmö having taken the lead through Hannes Cederholm. Home hopes of getting back into the match were hindered by the 42nd-minute dismissal of Truls Verngren for handball inside the penalty area with Olympiacos 2-1 in front.
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad 0-3 Real Madrid CF
• The Spanish outfit went ahead with a fantastic first-time volley from an acute angle by Cristian Cedrés midway through the first period. In the second half José Carlos Lazo added two more, completing the scoring in the 90th minute.
FC Basel 1893 3-2 Liverpool FC
• Basel struck twice in the last three minutes to secure victory. Two goals from Jerome Sinclair, after Cédric Itten had given the Swiss side the advantage, had the Reds on course for a second win. However, Albian Ajeti powerfully headed in Antonio Fischer's free-kick, then Itten landed the decisive blow with a right-footed shot.
FC Zenit 0-3 AS Monaco FC
• Almamy Touré netted first from a seventh-minute corner. Yhoan Andzouana and Pierre-Daniel Nguinda made the points safe for Monaco after Dmitri Skopintsev had hit the bar for Zenit. Maksim Rudakov kept out Guevin Tormin's added-time penalty.
Bayer 04 Leverkusen 2-3 SL Benfica
• The 41st-minute sending-off of Leverkusen's Björn Rother was the turning point as the Eagles proceeded to score three times, twice through João Carvalho, before Marc Brasnic made it 3-2 in added time with his second of the game. Benfica's Diogo Gonçalves had a spot kick saved immediately after Rother's red card.
Arsenal FC 5-1 Galatasaray AŞ
• After hitting the woodwork twice in the first half, the home team ran out comfortable winners, scoring through Gedion Zelalem, Kaylen Hinds, Christopher Willock, Alex Iwobi's powerful right-footed effort and a Daniel Crowley penalty.
RSC Anderlecht 5-0 Borussia Dortmund*
• Aaron Leya Iseka, 16, struck twice inside the opening 40 minutes, before Dortmund goalkeeper Dominik Reimann was dismissed just before the interval. Subsequent goals from Franck Mikal, Alhassane Bah and Samy Bourard ensured Dortmund remain without a point.
*Game took place on Thursday