Last season's runners-up Chelsea will host Monaco in February after the play-off draw was made.
Article top media content
Last season's UEFA Youth League runners-up Chelsea will host Monaco after the play-off draw was made.
- The eight teams from the Domestic Champions path have been drawn at home to the eight UEFA Champions League path group runners-up in one-off ties.
- The eight play-off winners join the eight UEFA Champions League path group winners in the round of 16.
- Chelsea were runners-up last season after winning on their previous entries in 2014/15 and 2015/16 (they did not qualify in 2016/17)
- Benfica are two-time runners-up; Paris lost to Chelsea in the 2015/16 final
- Hertha, Lokomotiv, Montpellier and Sigma are enjoying debut campaigns
- PAOK have made it this far for the first time
- Juventus' only previous game beyond the group stage was a 2-0 loss at Ajax in the 2016/17 play-offs
- Monaco are aiming to get through the play-offs for a third straight season
- The competition record attendance was set in last term's play-offs: 32,510 for Krasnodar v Real Madrid
Through to round of 16: Ajax (NED), Atlético Madrid (ESP), Barcelona (ESP, holders), Hoffenheim (GER), Liverpool (ENG), Manchester United (ENG), Porto (POR), Real Madrid (ESP)
Knockout phase calendar
Knockout draw (round of 16 onwards): 22 February, Nyon
Round of 16: 12/13 March
Quarter-finals: 2/3 April
Semi-final: 26 April, Colovray Stadium, Nyon
Final: 29 April, Colovray Stadium, Nyon