UEFA Women's Champions League final ambassador Patrizia Panico – still going strong in her 40s – has scored close to 800 goals and won ten Serie A titles in an incredible career.
Article top media content
Playing career: Lazio (twice), Torino (twice, once on loan), Modena, ACF Milan, BAGSM Verona (twice), Torres, Sky Blue FC (loan), Fiorentina
• Patrizia Panico has had an incredible career and is still going strong in her 40s.
• A prolific striker, Panico has won ten Serie A titles, the first with Modena in 1997/98 and another at Lazio in 2001/02.
• She secured three in a row with Bardolino Verona (now BAGSM Verona) between 2006/07 and 2008/09, then moved to Torres and promptly won the league for the next four seasons.
• After a further championship back at Verona in 2014/15, Panico switched to Fiorentina's new professional women's team.
• This term she has passed 600 league goals. Only twice since 1996 has she recorded fewer than 20 in a Serie A season and she has been the division's top scorer 14 times.
• Panico has 31 goals in 44 UEFA club competition appearances, helping Bardolino to the 2007/08 UEFA Women's Cup semi-finals as that season's joint-top scorer.
• Panico made her Italy debut on 8 April 1996 aged 21, scoring against Portugal within five minutes, and has taken her tally to well over 100 from more than 200 outings. She has played at the last five UEFA Women's EURO final tournaments.