Chelsea edged out Bayern München, free-scoring Lyon and Wolfsburg completed round of 32 victories while Anja Mittag and the two Prague sides made competition history.
Article top media content
Chelsea edged out Bayern München as Lyon and Wolfsburg scored freely to complete UEFA Women's Champions League round of 32 victories.
Also in action Anja Mittag and the two Prague sides made competition history, Fiorentina rounded off an impressive debut tie and there were comeback successes for Brescia and Montpellier to put themselves in Monday's round of 16 draw.
Round of 32 second legs:
Bayern München 2-1 Chelsea (agg: 2-2, Chelsea win on away goals)
Wolfsburg 12-2 Atlético Madrid (agg: 15-2)
Lyon 9-0 Medyk Konin (agg: 14-0)
Barcelona 2-0 Avaldsnes (agg: 6-0)
Fortuna Hjørring 0-0 Fiorentina (agg: 1-2)
Zvevda-2005 0-2 Montpellier (agg: 1-2)
Brøndby 1-3 LSK Kvinner (agg: 1-3)
Brescia 2-0 Ajax (agg: 2-1)
Linköping 3-0 Apollon (agg: 4-0)
FC Zürich 1-2 Gintra Universitetas (agg: 2-3)Slavia Praha 4-3 Minsk (agg: 7-4)
Sparta Praha 3-0 PAOK (agg: 8-0)
Rosengård 4-0 Olimpia Cluj (agg: 5-0)
Rossiyanka 0-4 Stjarnan (agg: 1-5)
Manchester City 3-0 St. Pölten (agg: 6-0)
Glasgow City 4-1 BIIK-Kazygurt (agg: 4-4, BIIK win on away goals)
- Bayern scored two late on and laid siege to the Chelsea goal but the injury-depleted visitors held on.
- Holders Lyon sailed through on a night when Camille Abily become the second player to reach 75 competition appearances; she is now two behind record-holder Emma Byrne.
- Montpellier triumphed 2-0 in Russia to overturn a deficit from their home leg and eliminate 2009 runners-up Zvezda-2005.
- Alex Popp's hat-trick helped Wolfsburg blow away Spanish champions Atlético but last season's semi-finalists Barcelona did make it.
- Avaldsnes fell to Barça while Norway's other contenders LSK won away at past semi-finalists Brøndby.
- Anja Mittag became the first player to amass 50 goals in this competition as Rosengård joined Swedish rivals Linköping in the last 16.
- Victories for Slavia and Sparta make Prague the first city to have two teams in the same round of 16 in this competition.
- Debutants Fiorentina ended Fortuna's run of hurdling every round of 32 since the stage's introduction in 2009/10, yet fellow newcomers Ajax lost to Italy's other entrants Brescia, who overturned a 1-0 first-leg deficit.
- Stjarnan became the first Icelandic club to win a last-32 tie, halting their streak of three straight exits to Russian sides in style at Rossiyanka.
- Lithuania's Gintra qualified with victory at Zürich, the second time they have got through despite drawing the home first leg 1-1, having ousted Sparta in 2014/15.
- On Thursday, Manchester City posted a second 3-0 victory over Austria's St. Pölten, this time at home.
- BIIK squeezed through on away goals at Glasgow City; 3-0 up from first leg, they lost 4-1 in Scotland, the hosts hitting a late penalty against the woodwork.
Road to Kyiv
Round of 16 draw: 16 October
Round of 16: 8/9 & 15/16 November
Quarter-final & semi-final draw: 24 November
Quarter-finals: 21/22 & 28/29 March
Semi-finals: 21/22 & 28/29 April
Final: 24 May – Valeriy Lobanovskiy Dynamo Stadium, Kyiv