The likes of Arsenal and Juventus have discovered their fate for the knockout mini-tournaments on 18 and 21 August.
Article top media content
The UEFA Women's Champions League has a new look for 2021/22 and the first draw has been made.
Round 1 is one of two rounds before the new 16-team group stage, which begins in October. It will be split into two paths: the champions path and the league path. In both paths, round 1 will consist of two stages, each of one-off matches: semi-finals (18 August) and finals/third-place play-offs (21 August). The winners of each final (11 in champions path, four in league path) will progress to round 2.
The hosts of the knockout mini-tournaments will be confirmed from among the clubs in each group.
Champions path draw
- Forty-three teams are entering at this stage: the champions of the associations ranked eighth and below.
- They have been drawn into 11 knockout mini-tournaments: ten with four teams and one with three teams. The highest-ranked team will be at home in each final
- The winners of the 11 finals will progress to round 2, into which three teams have direct entry. Seven group stage places will be on offer in round 2.
Breidablik (ISL) vs KÍ Klaksvík (FRO)
Gintra (LTU) vs Flora Tallinn (EST)
Glasgow City (SCO) vs Birkirkara (MLT)
BIIK-Shymkent (KAZ) vs Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Anderlecht (BEL) vs Hayasa (ARM)
Osijek (CRO) vs Breznica Pljevlja (MNE)
SFK 2000 Sarajevo (BIH) vs Racing FC Union Luxembourg (LUX)
SL Benfica (POR) vs Kiryat-Gat (ISR)
Universitatea Olimpia Cluj (ROU) vs Åland United (FIN)
Servette FC Chênois (SUI) vs Glentoran (NIR)
CSKA Moskva (RUS) vs Swansea City (WAL)
Apollon LFC (CYP) vs Dinamo-BSUPC (BLR)
PAOK (GRE) vs Agarista CSF Anenii Noi (MDA)
Vålerenga (NOR) vs Mitrovica (KOS)
Juventus (ITA) vs Kamenica Sasa (MKD)
St. Pölten (AUT) vs Beşiktaş (TUR)
Twente (NED) vs WFC Nike (GEO)
Spartak Subotica (SRB) vs Peamount United (IRL)
WFC Kharkiv (UKR) vs NSA Sofia (BUL)
Pomurje Beltinci (SVN) vs Rīgas Futbola skola (LVA)
Ferencváros (HUN) vs Czarni Sosnowiec (POL)
Direct to final: Vllaznia (ALB)
Enter in round 2:
Sparta Praha (CZE), Häcken (SWE), Køge (DEN)
League path draw
- Sixteen teams will enter at this stage: the runners-up from the associations ranked seventh to 16th and the third-placed teams from the associations ranked first to sixth.
- They will be drawn into four knockout mini-tournaments of four teams each.
- The winners of the four finals will progress to round 2, into which six teams have direct entry. Five group stage places will be on offer in round 2.
Hoffenheim (GER) vs Valur (ISL)
Zürich (SUI) vs AC Milan (ITA)
Brøndby (DEN) vs Kristianstad (SWE)
Bordeaux (FRA) vs Slovácko (CZE)
Levante (ESP) vs Celtic (SCO)
FC Minsk (BLR) vs Rosenborg (NOR)
Arsenal (ENG) vs Okzhetpes (KAZ)
PSV Eindhoven (NED) vs Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
Enter in round 2:
Lyon (FRA), Wolfsburg (GER), Manchester City (ENG), Slavia Praha (CZE), Rosengård (SWE), Real Madrid (ESP)
• Brøndby, KÍ Klaksvík and Sarajevo are entering for a record 19th time (including the pre-2009 UEFA Women's Cup). For Brøndby and Sarajevo, this is their 19th straight entry.
• Arsenal won the UEFA Women's Cup in 2007.
• Juventus are aiming to reach the final in their men's home stadium.
• Debuts: Dinamo-BSUPC, Czarni Sosnowiec, Hayasa, Bordeaux, Hoffenheim, Kristianstad, Slovácko, AC Milan, Celtic, Lokomotiv Moskva.
• Rosenborg previously entered as Trondheims-Ørn.
Round 1 (one-venue mini-tournaments)
Semi-finals: 18 August
Finals/third-place play-offs: 21 August
Round 2 draw
First leg: 31 August/1 September
Second leg: 8/9 September
Group stage draw
Matchday 1: 5/6 October
Matchday 2: 13/14 October
Matchday 3: 9/10 November
Matchday 4: 17/18 November
Matchday 5: 8/9 December
Matchday 6: 15/16 December
Quarter-final & semi-final draw
First leg: 22/23 March
Second leg: 30/31 March
First leg: 23/24 April
Second leg: 30 April/1 May
Final (Juventus Stadium, Turin)
- Clubs were seeded for round 1 in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season.
- In the champions path, the 43 teams were divided into one pot of 22 teams and one pot of 21 teams.
- Teams were drawn into two semi-final ties within each four-team group, with the teams in Pot 1 designated as the home teams of semi-finals 1 and 2 respectively.
- For the group with three teams, the side with the highest coefficient was seeded directly to the final; the remaining two teams play a single-leg tie.
- In the league path, the 16 teams were divided into two pots of eight teams.
- Sides were drawn into two semi-final ties within each four-team group, with the teams in pot 1 designated as the home teams of semi-finals 1 and 2 respectively.
- Based on the UEFA Executive Committee decisions valid at the time of the draw, teams from the following associations cannot be drawn into the same group: Kosovo / Bosnia and Herzegovina; Kosovo / Serbia; Kosovo / Russia; Ukraine / Russia.
Pot 1: seeded
BIIK-Shymkent (KAZ) coefficient 36.700
Glasgow City (SCO) 33.600
St. Pölten (AUT) 28.000
Twente (NED) 20.000
Gintra (LTU) 18.600
Spartak Subotica (SRB) 17.400
Breidablik (ISL) 17.000
Juventus (ITA) 15.200
SFK 2000 Sarajevo (BIH) 14.400
Apollon LFC (CYP) 14.200
Universitatea Olimpia Cluj (ROU) 12.000
Vllaznia (ALB) 10.800
Anderlecht (BEL) 10.300
Vålerenga (NOR) 9.800
WFC Kharkiv (UKR) 9.100
Ferencváros (HUN) 8.300
Servette FC Chênois (SUI) 7.600
Pomurje Beltinci (SVN) 7.400
PAOK (GRE) 7.000
Osijek (CRO) 6.400
Benfica (POR) 5.600
CSKA Moskva (RUS) 5.500
Pot 2: unseeded
NSA Sofia (BUL) 5.400
Mitrovica (KOS) 5.000
Slovan Bratislava (SVK) 5.000
Breznica Pljevlja (MNE) 4.800
Dinamo-BSUPC (BLR) 4.200
KÍ Klaksvík (FRO) 3.600
Beşiktaş (TUR) 3.500
Flora Tallinn (EST) 2.900
Czarni Sosnowiec (POL) 2.900
Peamount United (IRL) 2.300
Kiryat-Gat (ISR) 2.000
Swansea City (WAL) 1.900
Birkirkara (MLT) 1.800
Åland United (FIN) 1.700
Agarista CSF Anenii Noi (MDA) 1.300
Rīgas Futbola skola (LVA) 1.200
Kamenica Sasa (MKD) 1.200
Racing FC Union Luxembourg (LUX) 1.200
WFC Nike (GEO) 0.600
Glentoran (NIR) 0.400
Hayasa (ARM) 0.200
Pot 1: seeded
Brøndby (DEN) 41.900
Zürich (SUI) 30.600
Arsenal (ENG) 27.700
FC Minsk (BLR) 25.200
Bordeaux (FRA) 18.400
Hoffenheim (GER) 15.100
Levante (ESP) 12.800
PSV Eindhoven (NED) 9.000
Pot 2: unseeded
Kristianstad (SWE) 8.100
Slovácko (CZE) 7.300
Valur (ISL) 7.000
Okzhetpes (KAZ) 6.700
AC Milan (ITA) 5.200
Rosenborg (NOR) 4.800
Celtic (SCO) 4.600
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS) 3.500