The preliminary round is now in May 2021 with the main round that October and finals in March 2022.
Article top media content
The second edition of the UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO starts with the preliminary round in May 2021 (postponed from its original dates in May 2020), one of two stages ahead of the four-team knockout final tournament in March 2022.
- Debutants Gibraltar and Bosnia & Herzegovina are among 11 sides starting in the preliminary round.
- The three preliminary round group winners advance to the main round join the 13 teams given byes (including holders Spain and fellow 2019 finals contenders Portugal, Russia and Ukraine).
- The four main round group winners in October 2021 qualify for the knockout finals, in principle hosted by one of the contenders.
Preliminary round (4 to 9 May 2021)
Group A: Serbia, Lithuania (hosts), Slovakia, Northern Ireland
Group B: Netherlands, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova (hosts)
Group C: Kazakhstan, Belgium, Gibraltar (hosts)
- The three group winners advance to the main round join the 13 teams given byes.
Main round draw (19 to 24 October 2021)
Group 1: Russia, Hungary, Belarus (hosts), winner preliminary round Group B
Group 2: Portugal, Croatia (hosts), Poland, Slovenia
Group 3: Ukraine (hosts), Finland, Czech Republic, winner preliminary round Group C
Group 4: Spain (holders), Italy, Sweden (hosts), winner preliminary round Group A
- The four group winners will advance to the knockout finals in March 2022, with one of the nations appointed as hosts.
Preliminary round: 4 to 9 May 2021
Main round: 19 to 24 October 2021
Finals draw: tbc
Final tournament: 24/25 & 26/27 March 2022