The preliminary round is now in May 2021 with the main round that October and finals in March 2022.
Article top media content
The second edition of the UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO starts with the preliminary round from 4 May (postponed from its original dates in May 2020), one of two stages ahead of the four-team knockout final tournament on 24 or 25 and 26 or 27 March 2022.
- Debutants Gibraltar and Bosnia & Herzegovina are among 11 sides starting in the preliminary round.
- The three preliminary round group winners advance to the main round join the 13 teams given byes (including holders Spain and fellow 2019 finals contenders Portugal, Russia and Ukraine).
- The four main round group winners from 19 to 22 October qualify for the knockout finals, in principle hosted by one of the contenders.
Preliminary round groups
Group A (5–8 May): Serbia, Lithuania (hosts), Slovakia, Northern Ireland
Group B (tbc): Netherlands, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova (hosts)
Group C (4–6 May): Kazakhstan, Belgium, Gibraltar (hosts)
- The three group winners advance to the main round join the 13 teams given byes.
Main round groups (19–22 October)
Group 1: Russia, Hungary, Belarus (hosts), winner preliminary round Group B
Group 2: Portugal, Croatia (hosts), Poland, Slovenia
Group 3 Ukraine (hosts), Finland, Czech Republic, winner preliminary round Group C
Group 4: Spain (holders), Italy, Sweden (hosts), winner preliminary round Group A
- The four group winners will advance to the knockout finals in March, with one of the nations appointed as hosts.