The preliminary round, the first of two qualifying stages, has been postponed.
Article top media content
The second edition of the UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO starts with the preliminary round (postponed from its original dates in May), one of two stages ahead of the four-team knockout final tournament in February 2021.
- Debutants Gibraltar and Bosnia & Herzegovina are among 11 sides starting in the preliminary round.
- The three preliminary round group winners advance to the main round join the 13 teams given byes (including holders Spain and fellow 2019 finals contenders Portugal, Russia and Ukraine).
- The four main round group winners in September qualify for the knockout finals in February, in principle hosted by one of the contenders.
Preliminary round (postponed)
Group A: Serbia, Lithuania (hosts), Slovakia, Northern Ireland
Group B: Netherlands, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova (hosts)
Group C: Kazakhstan, Belgium, Gibraltar (hosts)
- The three group winners advance to the main round join the 13 teams given byes.
Main round draw (1–6 September)
Group 1: Russia, Hungary, Belarus (hosts), winner preliminary round Group B
Group 2: Portugal, Croatia (hosts), Poland, Slovenia
Group 3: Ukraine (hosts), Finland, Czech Republic, winner preliminary round Group C
Group 4: Spain (holders), Italy, Sweden (hosts), winner preliminary round Group A
- The four group winners will advance to the knockout finals in mid-February, with one of the nations appointed as hosts.
Preliminary round: tbc
Main round: 1–6 September 2020
Finals draw: tbc
Final tournament: 11/12 & 13/14 February 2021