Belgium pipped Gibraltar on penalties to progress as two of the three preliminary round groups began.
Article top media content
The second edition of the UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO has begun with the first two preliminary round groups running until Saturday and the other in August (postponed from its original dates in May 2020), one of two stages ahead of the four-team knockout final tournament on 24 or 25 and 26 or 27 March 2022.
- Live updates: all the matches
- Latest standings
- Debutants Gibraltar and Bosnia & Herzegovina are among 11 sides involved in the preliminary round.
- The three group winners advance to the main round join the 13 teams given byes.
Group A (5–8 May): Serbia, Lithuania (hosts), Slovakia, Northern Ireland
- Serbia opened the group on Wednesday by beating Northern Ireland 4-1, and Slovakia then beat Lithuania 7-0. Serbia and Slovakia meet on Thursday.
Group B (15–20 August): Netherlands, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova (hosts)
Group C (complete)
Group winners: Belgium
Also in group: Gibraltar (hosts)
- Belgium beat Gibraltar 5-4 in sudden death penalties as their game was tied 2-2 on 40 minutes and 3-3 after extra time with only two teams competing in the section. The games involving the scheduled third team in the group, Kazakhstan, were cancelled.
Main round groups (19–22 October)
- The four group winners will advance to the knockout finals in late March, with one of the nations appointed as hosts.
Group 1: Russia, Hungary, Belarus (hosts), winner preliminary round Group B
Group 2: Portugal, Croatia (hosts), Poland, Slovenia
Group 3: Ukraine (hosts), Finland, Czech Republic, Belgium
Group 4: Spain (holders), Italy, Sweden (hosts), winner preliminary round Group A