Switzerland scored 32 goals and conceded none as the qualifying round concluded with 22 teams progressing to join England and Spain in the elite round.
Article top media content
Switzerland scored 32 goals across their three Group 1 games as they led 22 teams – including France, Germany and Sweden – into the elite round as the qualifying round concluded on Sunday.
• Group winners: Switzerland, France, Azerbaijan, Finland, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Scotland
• Runners-up: Greece, Czech Republic, Belgium, Poland, Hungary, Northern Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Belarus, Republic of Ireland, Austria
• Bye to elite round: England, Spain
Facts and figures
• Switzerland beat Georgia 23-0 on matchday two, breaking the previous qualifying record of 21-0.
• Switzerland hit the woodwork six times in their 7-0 win v Greece on matchday one.
• Top scorer: Julia Glaser (SUI), Marina Fedorova (RUS), Heidi Kollanen (FIN) – 7
• Twelve teams sealed progress on matchday two: Czech Republic, France, Poland, Finland, Sweden, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Austria, Scotland.
Elite round draw
The draw will be held at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday 13 November. The WU19 EURO qualifying round draw for 2016/17 will also be made, together with the corresponding draws for the WU17 EURO. Timings will be confirmed soon.