UEFA.com works better on other browsers
For the best possible experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

Dynamo undone by last-gasp Lucho

FC Dynamo Kyiv 1-2 FC Porto
Lucho's volley two minutes into added time gave Porto a comeback win in Ukraine to take them above their opponents into second place in Group G.

Lucho is mobbed after scoring Porto's winner
Lucho is mobbed after scoring Porto's winner ©Getty Images

A Lucho volley two minutes into added time gave FC Porto a comeback victory at FC Dynamo Kyiv which lifted the Portuguese titleholders above their opponents and into second place in UEFA Champions League Group G.

Late drama
Artem Milevskiy fired Dynamo in front midway through the first half, putting the hosts on course to cement their advantage over the opposition having collected two more points from the opening three Matchdays, yet Rolando headed Porto level in the 69th minute. Then, in a frantic finale, Dynamo hit the post, the visitors broke away to score with Lucho converting Lisandro's low cross, and the match-winner promptly saw a second yellow card for his celebrations.

With Porto needing a decent result to revive hopes of reaching the first knockout round, the early signs were promising as they displayed attacking intent reminiscent of their positive approach at Arsenal FC on Matchday 2 – although that tack ultimately proved unsuccessful in north London. After eight minutes, Raul Meireles was allowed space to surge forward and he tried his luck with a shot from distance that beat goalkeeper Stanislav Bogush but rebounded off the post for Betão to clear. From the corner, a nervous Bogush spilled the ball and the Dynamo defence came to his rescue.

Milevskiy goal
Unfortunately for Jesualdo Ferreira's men, the game was following the pattern of their Arsenal visit to the last detail, and after 21 minutes Dynamo had the lead. It was a simple goal – a quick pass forward to Tiberiu Ghioane giving the Romanian the chance to find Milevskiy for a cool side-footed finish past Helton from ten metres. The Ukrainian Premier League leaders had broken through at a similar period when they triumphed 1-0 in the reverse fixture on 21 October, yet despite the setback Porto regrouped and Raul Meireles again showed his threat. Lucho's right-wing cross found the midfielder unmarked but he could only head straight into Bogush's arms.

Open contest
With Porto forced to attack, and Dynamo choosing not to sit on their advantage, opportunities continued to arrive at both ends. Ferreira went for two strikers after the interval, introducing Hulk, although the first chance of the second half went to Olexandr Aliyev whose 46th-minute strike from close range was blocked. Cristián Rodríguez replied for Porto, with Bogush beating away his attempt from 18 metres, before the attacking onus switched back to Yuri Semin's charges: Helton made the save of the night to keep out Aliyev's shot from a Milevskiy pass.

Late turnaround
That stop proved especially crucial 14 minutes later when the away team equalised. The impressive Raul Meireles was the architect, delivering a fine cross that Rolando nodded past Bogush. In a stirring climax Ognjen Vukojević came close to snatching three points for Dynamo as his effort came back off the upright; instead, however, it was Porto who were in raptures after the very next attack. Lisandro held off two Dynamo defenders and made room for a low cross that Lucho tapped in from close range to seal a vital success.