Club Atlético de Madrid edged the Madrid derby, on a weekend that brought a hat-trick for Chelsea FC's Diego Costa and wins for the likes of FC Bayern München and Juventus.
Article top media content
Club Atlético de Madrid gained further revenge for their UEFA Champions League final loss last term with a derby win at neighbours Real Madrid CF. Former Rojiblancos frontman Diego Costa, meanwhile, hit a hat-trick for Chelsea FC to take his haul to seven goals in his first four league matches, while FC Bayern München and Juventus also won.
• Substitute Arda Turan scores in his first game this term as Atlético win Madrid derby 2-1 at Santiago Bernabéu.
• Carlos Tévez strikes early and sets up Claudio Marchisio for Juventus's second in a 2-0 triumph against Udinese Calcio.
• Malmö FF stretch lead to five points in Sweden after a 3-3 draw with BK Häcken.
• A third-minute own goal sets Olympiacos FC on their way to a 3-0 win against OFI Crete FC in Piraeus.
• Luca Zuffi scores, but Swiss champions FC Basel 1893 succumb to 3-1 defeat at Grasshopper Club.
• Gabriel Agbonlahor's finish following a ninth-minute corner hands Liverpool FC a 1-0 home reverse against Aston Villa FC.
• PFC Ludogorets Razgrad survive a late comeback to prevail 2-1 at Botev Plovdiv.
• Cristiano Ronaldo notches his 14th goal in 17 capital derbies, but Real Madrid lose 2-1.
• Lucas Ocampos finds the net, but AS Monaco FC go down 2-1 at Olympique Lyonnais.
• Bayer 04 Leverkusen drop first points of season, held 3-3 at home by SV Werder Bremen.
• Igor Smolnikov's late goal secures a 3-2 win against FC Dinamo Moskva and makes it seven league wins from seven for FC Zenit.
• Talisca scores three in SL Benfica's 5-0 victory at Vitória FC, his first goals for the club.
• Jack Wilshere and Alexis Sánchez score as Arsenal FC draw 2-2 with Manchester City FC.
• Shinji Kagawa finds net on return to Borussia Dortmund, Adrián Ramos and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang also on target in a 3-1 success against SC Freiburg.
• Eskişehirspor hold Galatasaray AŞ to a 0-0 draw in the second round of Turkish league games.
• RSC Anderlecht concede twice deep into added time in a 3-2 loss at K. Lierse SK.
• Empoli FC goalkeeper Luigi Sepe turns in an own goal as AS Roma win their Serie A game 1-0.
• FC Bayern München go joint top in Germany after Mario Götze and Franck Ribéry pounce in a 2-0 win against VfB Stuttgart.
• A Martín Demichelis header secures a 2-2 draw for English champions Manchester City at Arsenal.
• Roman Eremenko scores to give PFC CSKA Moskva a 2-1 win at home to bottom side FC Arsenal Tula.
• On-loan Arkadiusz Milik registers twice as AFC Ajax get better of visitors Heracles Almelo.
• Cillian Sheridan strikes two minutes from time to earn APOEL FC a win against Ermis Aradippou FC.
• Second-half substitute Neymar scores his first goals of season as FC Barcelona beat Athletic club 2-0; Luis Enrique's men are only Liga side with maximum points.
• Zoumana Camara hits his first Paris Saint-Germain league goal since 2011 in a 1-1 draw against Stade Rennais FC.
• Diego Costa makes it seven goals in four Chelsea games with three in league leaders' 4-2 win against Swansea City AFC.
• Max Kruse proves FC Schalke 04's tormentor, scoring one and setting up two in a 4-1 victory for VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach.
• Luka Zahovič strikes twice for NK Maribor in a 2-0 win against NK Krka to maintain the Purples' perfect home record in the league this term.
• André Carrillo's first-half equaliser earns Sporting Clube de Portugal a 1-1 draw against neighbours CF Os Belenenses.
• Athletic Club hold Barcelona for 79 minutes at Camp Nou but lose 2-0, their second defeat in three league games.
• FC BATE Borisov extend unbeaten run to 22 league games with a 1-1 draw against FC Torpedo Zhodino.
• Jackson Martínez converts a penalty, but FC Porto drop first points of the season in a 1-1 draw at Vitória SC.
• Fernando and Olexandr Gladkiy score as FC Shakhtar Donetsk maintain 100% record, winning 2-0 at FC Chornomorets Odesa.