Raphaël Guerreiro faces a return to Portugal in the round of 16 in a fixture that revives memories of one of Dortmund's finest European performances.
Article top media content
Match dates: 14 February, 8 March
Thomas Tuchel, Dortmund coach: "Following matches against Porto and Sporting we are now coming up against the third big team in Portugal inside two years. We are looking forward to exciting and emotional matches against Portugal's record champions and current league leaders."
Marcel Schmelzer, Dortmund captain: "This draw completes our set of matches against the big Portuguese sides and brings back memories of late BVB legend Aki Schmidt and Dortmund's triumph over Benfica in a 'match of the century' in 1963. This will be a really tough task for us."
- Dortmund beat Benfica in the 1963/64 European Champion Clubs' Cup first round, a 5-0 first-leg win in Germany taking them through despite a 2-1 away defeat.
- Benfica were knocked out by Bayern München in last season's quarter-finals (0-1 away, 2-2 home).
- The Portuguese club have not won any of their last four games against German sides; their overall record is W12 D14 L16.
- Dortmund overcame Sporting 2-1 away and 1-0 home in this season's group stage.
- The German team have won their last five matches against Portuguese opposition; their overall record is W7 D0 L3.
- Dortmund's squad includes Portugal international Raphaël Guerreiro.